1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaguars beat writer, Jacksonville, Fla.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, May 7, 2010.

1. Bump for more info. And lemme add that I said people were bashing this job when it last came open, but folks didn't/may not realize it's actually one of the best NFL gigs out there at a newspaper.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Two of the last three guys who have had this job have parlayed it into big gigs.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

My thought was the same. Of course, growing up a Jaguars fan in Oklahoma, this sounds great.

4. RabbitRun

RabbitRun Guest

I've heard candidates have been contacted already. Anyone know who's on the list?

5. BigOleSportsFan

BigOleSportsFan New Member

It would incredibly inappropriate and unprofessional to announce who the candidates are in a public forum such as this. There are only negative motives to even ask that question.

6. Oh, please. ::)

7. Mizzougrad96

One of the guys they're bringing in or have already brought in covers another NFL team in Florida.

One of the guys they're bringing in or have already brought in covers another NFL team for a smaller (less than 100K circ) in the midwest.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Does it really matter who is on the list? I say that because it doesn't matter who it is, there will be some anonymous clown ready to bash him or her for being considered for the gig. And if they get it......

9. Mizzougrad96

It's down to two... One female, one male.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

How do you know that?

11. Mizzougrad96

He's psychic.

One of the people up for the job would be a popular pick on this board. I don't know enough about the other person to comment.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wasn't aware you were the one doing the hiring Mizzou.

Draft saved Draft deleted