1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jaguars beat writer, Florida Times-Union

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Furry Tractor, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

NFL experience a must. Affinity for jean shorts a plus.

2. boots

boots New Member

And if you like getting screwed like a $2 crack whore, then JVille is the place to be.

3. zman82

zman82 Member

must be something if bart is bailing out. never saw what he did out there, but i thought he did a good job in dallas a few years back.

4. Thanks for checking in Bart.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I know it's not Miami, but I wonder if PickleJuice has put her name in yet? :-\

6. henrygale

henrygale New Member

The T-U sports section has some issues, just like nearly every other sports section. They did tremendous work during the Super Bowl a couple years ago. And their sports editor is on top of things despite some questionable hiring decisions.

The criticisms of the city I just don't get. It's a tremendous place to live, despite what East Coast-elitist sports columnists gleaned from spending a week there.

7. boots

boots New Member

As someone who knows both the T-U and J-ville intimately, up close and very personal, I say this with all truthfulness..... It $#$#@^&% Sucks!!!!! Apply and take the job at your own risk you have been warned!

8. Henry Gale: As an editor at a mid-size daily, I sure hope there is no one on my staff like yourself, who shoots poison arrows and backstabs his bosses anonymously.

9. boots

boots New Member

Hypocriteale and Henry Gale: Up your nose with a rubber hose. Unless you have worked there. Unless you have lived there, you can't comment. As for shooting poison arrows and backstabbing, There was not a name mentioned. Know what the xkdfjioe you are talking about before you start standing on a band box.

10. I believe Henry Gale does work at the T-U.

And did you really say up your nose with a rubber hose?

11. boots

boots New Member

Yes, I wrote that.

12. flaming_mo

flaming_mo Guest

I believe he was Dorothy's uncle in the Wizard of Oz.

Draft saved Draft deleted