1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jagoff BCS power-brokers look awful criticizing Obama playoff comments

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Out. Of. Touch. Like a bunch of Dubyas.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11113859

Here's my favorite:

Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany told the New York Times over the weekend: "I think it’s that time of year. Whether it’s the president-elect or college football coaches or fans debating it, the First Amendment is alive and well."

"Certainly it’s an important issue for college football and colleges. Where does it stand in the list of challenges we have in America today? I would say it’s not very high.”

You know you have won the argument, when a putz, such as Delany or Rodriguez at Michigan, poo-poos the IMPORTANCE of the livelihood they are engaged in as an attempt of ending the discussion.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Of course, the real issue is that he included the Big East and ACC as power conferences...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh. and fuck Mike Slime...

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

First of all, Obama is not going to get involved in this. He mentioned it light-heartedly during the 60 Minutes interview because he was asked about it specifically.

Second, how stupid do you have to be to respond to his comments? Here's a guy that just won a landslide election and is probably at the height of his popularity. And you're going to release some meaningless statement talking about how he doesn't know what he's talking about?

5. Simon_Cowbell

How out of touch do these pricks sound?

Their "constituencies" agree with the current setup?

Puhhhhlease.

I'm so glad Obama stepped on this antpile of assholes.

6. I have been saying - and writing - this for years.
    The system won't change until the fans want it to.
    By that I mean stop buying bowl tickets and going to bowl games. Stop watching them. Tune them out come December.
    So long as fans follow WVU or Pitt to the Continental Tire Bowl or the Poinsettia Bowl and the bowl system will remain in tact.

Not even Obama can change that.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

People in positions of power understand Jocularity?

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

With the way the economy is tanking, how many people will travel to see 6-6 teams play in meaningless bowls?

9. Simon_Cowbell

God, let's hope THAT craters this year.

10. Enough to justify the system.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

A few years back, a local reporter took the 32 bowl games, scheduled them down and showed how they all could fit perfectly into a playoff system. Each bowl sponsor keeps its name and the shitter ones "douchebag.com Bowl" get the first round while the bigger, more traditional bowls host late-round games.
    No reason why this couldn't happen.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Of course, if it were George W. Bush who made the comments about the BCS and the conference commissioners were criticizing him for it -- Simon Cowbell and his liberal mafia buddies would be hailing Jim Delaney as a genius and bitching about "Fredo" sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.....

Draft saved Draft deleted