1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jackass 3D

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The short review: very funny, great use of 3D, don't bother loading up on snacks.

For sports purposes, one stunt involves Jared Allen rushing full-speed, unblocked, on Johnny Knoxville at QB. I think Allen hit Knoxville harder than a bull did later. Then Erik Ainge threw a ball over the middle, and Allen hit Knoxville like Tatum on Stingley. Watching it up close in 3D, you wonder how anyone gets up, ever, after any NFL play.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The queen and I had to postpone our big date to tomorrow to see it. Can't wait!

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I liked the tone of this one. I must say I got a little dusty in the prolonged credit sequence. I don't know if we'll ever see Jackass again or with all of these original guys, but it seemed like they were pretty content on wrapping it up as best as they could. And they did a damn fine job doing so.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Saw it. Loved it.

3D didn't add much, if anything. The times it did add something, it was unnecessary shit in the intro and the ending sequence. Hardly anything good in the actual stunts.

My favorite stunt was the airplane, when they threw shit behind it, which fired it at about 872 mph at one of the donks standing about 50 feet away.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The Margeras seeing the "ape" in their room was priceless.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It made $50 million.

I can't wait to see it, but since I don't see my wife going with me, I'm guessing I'll be waiting for DVD. :D

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

you don't have any buddies who'll see it with you?

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, like Ryan, I thought the 3D was pretty much a waste. Unless you're amazed by rubber dicks flying toward the screen.

The Wee Man/Preston "watch my dog" switcheroo was great, as was the midget brawl. And it's always hilarious when Johnny Knoxville and Spike Jonze dress up like the old men.

But yeah, the jet engine thing was definitely the best part.

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I am dying to see this movie but like Mizzou, have nobody to go with as my wife will not go (even though she laughs when we see reruns on TV).

I have said that it is payback for me going to see Nights in Rodanthea but no dice :)

My core group of buddies live in another city and don't really have too many people I can go on a man date with. This will be a duck out of the office screening opportunity.

This is why I saw Borat by myself.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's hard enough to get to the theater when you have little kids at home. It's even harder to get out to see a movie like Jackass. :D

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

You could take the kids to see Jackass like a few parents did yesterday. Shit you not, there were kids 8-10 years old watching Jackass in the theater yesterday.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I liked the book better.

Draft saved Draft deleted