1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jackass 2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Precious Roy, Sep 21, 2006.

?

Are you going to see Jackass 2?

1. Yes!!!!!!! I wouldn't miss it

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Sure, if I have free time and money to blow

8 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Maybe, if I hear good things

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. No, Steve-O and Bam are idiots

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. You should be dragged into the street and shot for mentioning this.

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. Jones

Jones Active Member

"It's the perfect poop!" Hee-larious.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I saw it tonight with my oldest son. I laughed pretty hard at most of the scenes. All around I'd say it's way more consistently funny than the first one. You gotta give these loogans credit for coming up with some of this stupid shit (scatalogical pun definitely intended).

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wife said we could see any movie we want tomorrow night. I think I'm going to resist the urge to take her to see Jackass 2.

Plus, another buddy said he'd go with me Sunday. :D

As for the funniest/most painful skits from the first one, that one where one of the dudes got kicked in the junk in the snow made me cringe as I doubled over laughing.

The bizarre thing about these guys is there seems to be a real, genuine, poignant bond between them. They seemed to be really concerned for Knoxville when he got the living shit knocked out of him during the Butterbean fight. There's something endearing about how they legitimately seem to care for one another...as if the danger of their stunts bonds them. or some shit like that.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Or it could be because Knoxville is the one who owns the Jackass franchise and having him is the difference between seven-figure paychecks and MTV paychecks...

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'll never drop a dime to see this stuff.

That being said, I have watched pieces of the show on the crap that is MTV2. The fruit throwing with the jai alai sticks was interesting.

6. I cried four times during Jackass 2 on Friday. Really good entertainment for my movie dollar.

Pontius might have gone too far with the horse goo, but it was funny to watch.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The Mustard incident...how this did not make the first movie is a mystery.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I would say that this movie is a little better than the first Jackass. It's definitely more crude, and comes much closer to that line seperating "funny to see people hurt themselves" and "god, these guys are fucking insane."

I laughed throughout, though. Definitely recommend it.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

All I know is the DVD for Jackass 2 is going to be chock full of stuff, including the Steve-O pile of poo skit that didn't make the movie.

And right from the very first skit (not the opening) I knew this one was going to be better than the first: That snake-on-snake action was just too much.

Favorite skits include: The brand (for Bam's reaction after it), the Bicentennial BMX (for Knoxville's one-liner), the Medicine Ball Dodgeball and the gauntlet.

And I loved the closing scene. Too damn funny. I'll be going again.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Medicine ball dodgeball was fucking hilarious. Fucking hilarious.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've been thinking about this, and I think I may actually have a rational explanation as to why.

"All The King's Men" in its first filmed incarnation won multiple Oscars and has since been placed in the National Film Registry. As well, it's a thinly veiled depiction of an American political figure who, 70 years after his death, remains somewhat iconic. In other words, the movie has a lot to live up to.

The "Jackass" franchise, meanwhile, doesn't have to try very hard in order to satisfy its primary target audience. It's a guaranteed money-maker. It doesn't pretend to be high art and, while Johnny Knoxville may still try to make a living as an actor, he and his comrades don't aspire to the pretentious dickheaded status of "King's Men" star Sean Penn.

Knowledgeable critics are also well aware that nothing they say or write will stop fans from flocking to the theatres, so they basically roll with it and acknowledge the movie for what it is.

12. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

"The things I hate most in life are mustard and period blood." Awesome.

I saw Jackass 2 yesterday and it was bloody brilliant. Best $7 I've spent all year. I'm not kidding. Like others, I was in tears several times.

Draft saved Draft deleted