1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jack Warden, RIP

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Rambler

Rambler Member

Classic as "Bad Hair" in "Dead Solid Perfect"--which is one of the all-time underrated movies.

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Bastard,

If pressed I'd suggest that Julie Bovino and Mrs Mamet (as Caitlin Costello Price) approached authenticity as Bostonians. Bar scenes were pretty good. And what about Milo O'Shea as the judge ("you're not going to get a mistrial")?

YHS, etc

3. "You were a bagman for the boys downtown" was the most Bostonian piece of dialogue.
    Julie Bovasso was too New York -- just as Southie was too "Arlington" when he braks into her mailbox. Lindsay Crouse went for the full brogue, for reasons I never could fathom.
    I liked the State House as the hospital, especially when they rolled the body out of the Senate Ways and Means office.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Didn't want to wade through several pages, but I think this movie is underrated in so many ways, as was Warden's role as Max. Sad to hear.

5. alleyallen - there were only 3 pages. That's not wading - that's getting your ankles wet.

6. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

"He's lookin' pretty good!"

7. markvid

markvid Guest

I thought that was Jason Robards as Ben Bradlee (another great fit in that movie), or am I wrong?

Who would yell "WOODSTEIN!" when there was a problem?

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

"Don't fuck it up" was Warden as the metro editor.

God, Robards was incredible, though.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Well, when you have a 3-year-old wanting your attention and a girlfriend and her two kids also filling the house, you don't always have the time to read through even three pages of condolences to satisfy the urgings and unwritten requirements of Lou Merloni.

You were saying?

Draft saved Draft deleted