1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jack is RUNNING OUT OF TIME! (aka, running 24 thread 05-14)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, May 14, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Here we go!

:D

2. KYSportsWriter

Jesus H. Christ!

Choking him and then broke his fucking neck!

3. KYSportsWriter

Where are the 24 fans tonight?

4. Jack F. Bauer is great. I figured Nadia would go with a nut-shot, though.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What a waste of an hour - this show is spinning in circles - a whole lot of time setting something up and it proves to be for nothing. This wasn't the first episode this year to pull this crap. Do we really need to care about Jack Bauer anymore. That prick from CTU division coming in launching an investigation before Milo is even cold? Give me a break. Kill them all and let Jack sort them out.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

a weak episode of 24, but it sets up the final two hours quite nicely

The real question will be how will Jack Bauer survive Springfield and dealing with Bart next Sunday on the Simpons? ;D

7. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Super bad-ass agent Jack Bauer getting duped on a name pun by Bart Simpson on that commercial was pretty funny. Nice to see Bill Buchanan is coming back next week to help Jack. On the other hand, the whole thing with Division coming in to do an investigation RIGHT NOW, despite the fact there is an ongoing conflict, is ridiculous.

8. CitizenTino

And I'm beyond pissed with what they've done (or NOT done) with the Cheng character. They have a bad guy (Cheng) who has spanned over three seasons, and yet he's not even the main focus anymore. They've got a teaser for next week with Jack finally getting his hands on Cheng, only to have Cheng tell him, "You're too late."

Too late for WHAT? After all he's done to torment Jack the last three years, the real payoff should be seeing Cheng take a bullet between the eyes. Anything after that should be gravy. Not the other way around, which is exactly what they're setting up.

I almost hope Cheng weasels out of getting killed next week so he can last another season and get a real payoff next year. If he does get offed next week and his killing is simply a step along the way to saving Josh or something that lame, I'm going to be ill.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

What I found interesting was O'Brien choking the one bad guy. The camera caught him choking the guy a few times but their conflict's resolution was never shown. Later on you see him sitting at his station. Until then, I continued to wonder what had happened. Were they still fighting? Did Jack just forget about that guy? It was rather funny.

10. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Is there any doubt that Jack kills his old man in the finale?

We also need to learn that the kid is his.

11. NDub

NDub Guest

This season has had its testy incidents.

On top of the Morrison-Chinese gunman battle was the fact that it was Jack, Morris and Nadia against like 3-4 of them. What happened to the other 20 that were toting guns and patrolling CTU?

I'm still peeved that they cut the Fayed and nuke plot line seven hours short and chose to focus on the Chinese for the rest of the day. I was really hoping for Jack vs. Chinese as the entire next season.

I will say the offing of Milo was crazy. Didn't expect it.

I don't know how they can squeeze so much into one hour next week. Jack getting revenge on his dad, killing Cheng, protecting Josh, saving Audrey's mind; the health of President Derrick Anderson, resolving the impending war with Russia, Karen Hayes-Bill Buchanon resolution of conflict in relationship....

All of these questions can't possibly be answered without cutting out depth for next week's hour.

12. CitizenTino

Good thing next week's show is 2 hours then.

Draft saved Draft deleted