1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jack Edwards' crazy rant after the Bruins beat Montreal in Game Seven

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

Lobotomy during the exit interview in Bristol?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

ZDENO CHARA IS IN JEREMY JACOBS' BOX! OH MY GOODNESS! GOODNESS GRACIOUS! OF ALL THE UNBELIEVEABLE THINGS! ZDENO CHARA IS IN JEREMY JACOBS' BOX!!!!

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

As a guy whose Massachusetts roots predate the Boston Tea Party by 153 years, I would root against the Bruins every day of my life just to see that fucking idiot's hockey season come to an end.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Had dinner with Tripp Tracy as a part of a group after the draft in Raleigh. Never heard him on a Whalercanes game but he was a good guy.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He can lean a little during the games. Nowhere NEAR Jack Edwards territory, though. John Forslund and Tripp Tracy work well, the former being excellent and the latter pretty decent.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Opinions here in Boston on Jack's work are very mixed. Some like it, some shrug it off as classic over-the-top homerism and note hockey announcers tend to be overexcited anyway, some laugh at him as odd performance art, and some hate his work. No group is a majority, maybe group 2 has a slight plurality.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

FROG PUSSY!!!

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I already hated the Bruins. Here's one more reason to throw on the logpile.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I can remember Tripp Tracy prattling on after he won his second Beanpot in net for Harvard about "all this stuff BU fans were telling me about...", basically playing the aggrieved 13-year-old to perfection in the afterglow of the greatest memoent of his playing career. Whoever was doing the postgame interview for NESN essentially told him to STFU and went right to the other Harvard player.
    I thought, what an entitled putz.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Was this on public access cable?

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Kind of. With the success of the Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox, the two networks - NESN and Comcast NE / whatever the heck it's called - are now both on the basic cable tier.

Draft saved Draft deleted