1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jack Edwards' crazy rant after the Bruins beat Montreal in Game Seven

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Apr 28, 2011.

1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Seriously, Jack?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Watch-Jack-Edwards-rant-about-Montreal-ro?urn=nhl-wp3653&utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This isn't anything new. Jack Edwards is the hockey version of Tommy Heinsohn or Johnny Most. Personally, I enjoy it, but I can definitely see how it would rub people the wrong way. He's essentially the team hockey guy, not a national guy.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just like SportsJournalists.com!

4. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Jack Edwards is no Bjørge Lillelien:

"We are the best in the world! We are the best in the world! We have beaten England 2-1 in football!! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten England! England, birthplace of giants. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--we have beaten them all. We have beaten them all.

"Maggie Thatcher can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher, I have a message for you in the middle of the election campaign. I have a message for you: We have knocked England out of the football World Cup. Maggie Thatcher, as they say in your language in the boxing bars around Madison Square Garden in New York: Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

He might be worse than Tommy, especially because he's the PBP guy.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Jack Edwards is amusing from time to time but if I had to listen to him all the time, I'd slit my wrists. Or become a Habs fan.

This is still my favourite:

7. sgreenwell

That laugh is utterly ridiculous. It makes me laugh every time I hear it.

8. sgreenwell

It was a pretty vicious seven-game series, with plenty of bad blood between the two teams going into it, between long-past history and recent history (the Chara hit / police investigation). The Bruins wanted to slow things down and play physical hockey, with Montreal trying to play fast and flopping to get penalties. Plenty of gamesmanship and other fun stuff going on, which leads to Jack Edwards completely losing his mind in hilarious ways.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

/Rimshot

JR will be here all weekend. Be sure to send any suggestions in French. ;D :)

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Mine eyes have seen the glory!

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I thought Tripp Tracy could go too far in Raleigh. Not even close to Jack Edwards.

The disturbing part is I remember him being a pretty good SportsCenter anchor back in the day. What the .... happened?

12. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

That laugh is stellar. He makes Heinsohn seem like Greg Gumbel.

Draft saved Draft deleted