1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jack Clark: Pujols is a juicer. I know for a fact.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Says that a trainer who worked with Pujols told him so. Trainer vehemently denies it.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9553275/trainer-chris-mihlfeld-tell-jack-clark-albert-pujols-took-peds

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Please, please, please let Bud void that contract.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ding, ding, OOP will be here shortly.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Isn't Jack Clark the one who, when his finances went south, sold the house he bought for his parents?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So I guess this makes Jack Clark a Cubs fan?

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Clark is a wanna-be, sports-talk radio shouter. Not surprised he's rattling the cage. Wouldn't be surprised if what he spouted is true, either.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Clark certainly doesn't know "for a fact" since he didn't see him do it. But everybody thought ARod was clean too.

Pujols certainly has the characteristics of a PED user. Frequent muscle breakdowns and rapid recoveries being the primary ones.

But, yeah, in an era of PED use he's the only guy who is definitely clean...

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Does anything make you look any guiltier than your long-time trainer, who has been linked to PEDs with other players, saying, "I have known him since he was 18 years old, and he would never use illegal drugs in any way. I would bet my life on it and probably drop dead on the spot if I found out he has."?

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'd be more interested to find out how old Pujols actually is. That would explain his rapid decline more than PED use would.

Speaking of PEDs, I found this ESPN.com column by Rob Dibble from 2002 the other day when I was looking for something else:

http://espn.go.com/talent/danpatrick/s/2002/0529/1388409.html

There's one particularly hilarious passage:

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why didn't Clark mention this 10 years ago when the trainer allegedly told it to him?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In the same sequence he claimed was obvious Verlander was juicing too. No evidence, but it's obvious.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

"And it's way easier to climb that ladder when your feet mysteriously go from size 10 to 13!"

Draft saved Draft deleted