1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jack and Hill

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Mar 2, 2008.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think I get it. Randian is the word you throw in--like red-baiting--when you want to be dismissive without reason. I like it. It's very effective!

EDIT: Also, is it your position that everyone living under tyranny for a long time is happy because they haven't been able to muster a coup? That must be your Randian morning affirmation: Those who don't help themselves... The Fenian credo.

2. I'd sure want Col. Jessup endorsing me ...

What, wasn't the psycho character from The Shining available: "Here's Hilary!"

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The psycho character from the Shining was available -- talking to a bartender in the second clip in the spot.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Buck, you're late.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/53590/

Simon beat you by 5 hours or so.

5. You really don't know how to read. You had two tries at it and you got it wrong both times. I said nothing as categorical as your characteristically pathetic paraphrase. Ididn't say happy, but if you don't think that American meddling -- from Operation Mongoose to the Bay Of Pigs, to the idiotic boycott, to the triumphalist parades in Miami, to the Elian Gonzalez fiasco, to the pardoning of the terrorist who blew up the Cubana airliner by Daddy Bush and on and on -- hasn't worked to Castro's political advantage at home, you're sadly ignorant of the way the world works. Again.

6. The Big Ragu

You made the point that there hasn't been a popular uprising against Castro as proof of, um, what?

That America is responsible! If I knew how to read, I suppose that would be self-evident without you saying it.

He's a military-backed dictator who has maintained power for a long time, and he has guns pointed at his own people.

America should be ashamed of itself!

Even if what you just posted was provable--and it is not, even under the most strained arguments--it misses the point that Castro is the military-backed dictator, and um, he is not American, was not put in power by America and has not mistreated his people at the behest of America.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He takes lessons from Fenian, evidently. :D

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yeah.... this one was SOOO fucking obvious.

9. It is not possible to be this disingenuous, or this much of a fathead.
    America's actions never have bad consequences, inadvertent or otherwise, in the rest of the world. Certain people who fought with our weapons in Afghanista are proof enough of that.
    This has to be performance art at this point.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Actually Simon, this one was definitely more obvious than yours.

11. The Big Ragu

Philosophy 201. Introduction to Logic.

American foreign policy has sometimes had negative consequences for other countries. Therefore, America is responsible for Fidel Castro abusing his own people and remaining in power so long.

That's a definite A implies B. Crystal clear.

You obviously advanced to Philosophy 301, though... The "call the guy a fathead because he is pointing our your fallacies," demonstrates that you are an even more evolved thinker than I realized.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's amazing that after forty years of America propping up military dictators, fascists and thugs all over the world, Castro and Cuba still remains the bogeyman of the sanctimonious.

Draft saved Draft deleted