1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

J-school: Worth it?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DCguy, Dec 8, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. If you're idea of contributing to a thread is regurgitating the greatest hits of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity (or Keith Olbermann for that matter), it's probably time to find another thread.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . the most-regrettable MISSES, actually . . .

4. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

Really, Blago is a Dem? I had no idea (I read the AP story). And just to clue you in, I have original thoughts and don't "regurgitate" anything...so riddle me this, sir...are you saying most journalism professors are not of the liberal mindset? I am just curious as to your level of denial/cluelessness. The point I was making is that after watching the election coverage, with how poorly things were handled by the press and mainstream media as far as impartiality, I am not so eager to put the responsibility of teaching aspiring journalists ethics into the hands of the educators at the university level. I don't care if you are a lib, a conservative or whatever...the fact of the matter is that the media did a poor job this election cycle and are paying for it now. The economy is bad and that is probably the biggest reason for the layoffs/cutbacks/buyouts...but I also think the papers themselves are partially culpable. Don't think for one minute people are not disgusted with how Obama was rammed down their throats because if you do you are part of the problem as well.

5. What does the political mindset of professors have to do with a supposed liberal bias in the media? Do you really believe professors are telling reporters, "Now go get those Republican bastards?"
    And if people were disgusted with "Obama being crammed down their throats," they sure didn't show it on Nov. 4 (or his subsequent 80 percent approval rating).

Draft saved Draft deleted