1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

J-Dub redux

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Apr 14, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Whitlock's written another Jackson/Sharpton column. Keep an eye open for it, because I don't think I should copy it off our wires, and it's not on their Web site yet.

But he does hammer them.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No, there's a newer one. Just moved on McClatchy.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — When I criticized his and Jesse Jackson’s irresponsible and divisive methods of seeking social justice Friday morning, Al Sharpton dismissed the attack by questioning my credibility to lodge a complaint. <cm-bd>¶

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Just saw this move as well. Strong.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn. Now that was a good column, a lot better than his black KKK one.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Welll... some of us are waiting...

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'd love to put the whole thing down there, but I really think I'd be stepping on some copyright issues if I did.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh. Well his first one was good as well.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't think Shottie's comfortable posting the entire thing until it's up on the KC Star's Web site. Neither am I for that matter.

It's a very well-written and powerful column, but he again takes a shot at Vivian Stringer, which I think is completely wrong.

He'd dead on about Jackson and Sharpton though.

EDIT: Shot beat me to it.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The column isn't yet up at kansascity.com ... however, a blurb noting Whitlock's impending appearance on Oprah is. Set your DVRs.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

That's a damn fine column*. An excellent piece.

I'm not sure I totally agree with the Chappelle part of it - one of the functions, IMO, of a comic is to point out legit issues in a community - but I agree with all the rest of it.

Looks like I'll be watching/taping Oprah for the first time in I dont know when

*EDIT - This relates to the 4/11 column, not the 4/15 column

11. roski, i didn't say a word about chappelle in my latest column

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Who is this Jason Whitlock I keep hearing so much about?

Are there any other threads about him, which perhaps might have some ideas I can learn from?

Draft saved Draft deleted