1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iverson to ANYBODY for...?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: Iverson to the Timberwolves for...?

With Iverson's $17M price tag, who would be willing to match that in a trade?

Wait, I answered my own question.

Iverson will be a Knick by the end of the week. Book it.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

The Knicks remind me of a garage filled with a bunch of garbage. But one man's garbage can be another man's treasure. This is could really help Isiah and Billy King. Isiah can get rid of some the garbage(this will give the Knicks a chance to start from scratch) and Billy King can get some scorers in there. If he traded away 4 of the Knicks' 34 shooting guards for AI alone, that would be a win for the Knicks and Sixers.
    The problem with that is that I dont know if the Sixers would want to trade AI to a eastern confrence team.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Two things:

1) I don't think King wants to trade Iverson to a division rival.
    2) Isiah doesn't want to trade Frye, Lee or Robinson. They're part of the Knicks "future."

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The Knicks also have nothing to give the Sixers. While it would make perfect sense that the Knicks will try to acquire him, who the hell would Philly take?

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

They don't have to trade Frye,Lee, or Robinson. But they could get rid some the shooting guards(Stephon Marbury,Steve Francis, Quinton Richardson, Jamal Crawford).

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Who wants Francis for three years (besides the Knicks)?
    Who wants Marbury for three years (besides the Knicks)?
    Richardson has four years remaining on his deal.
    Crawford is someone that might make sense, but his deal has five years remaing and he's making $10mil less than Iverson.

The Knicks have nothing.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No one wants Marbury, the towel draped over his head, the scowl that is permanently affixed to his face and his $15 sneakers. Francis is hurt and his game is shot. QRich and Crawford have been the Knicks' best players. Why would you trade two young multipositional players for yet another old undersized off-guard?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who is the Eyeverson of which you speak and what are the Nicks?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. No way Iverson gets dealt to the T-wolves without Garnett coming back.

10. Longball131

Longball131 New Member

I also used the ESPN Trade Machine and worked up a three-way deal (some rumors having it be that way) between the Knicks, Celtics, and 76ers. Boston would only get Iverson. The Knicks would get Chris Webber and get Gerald Green as a throw in and the 76ers would get Marbury, Quinton Richardson, Theo Ratliff and Delonte West. I tried working it out with fewer players but each time Boston for some reason came up over the cap. In this deal the 76ers would have a re-vamped team but it wouldn't look too bad on paper. My odds are that nothing close to this will happen. Maybe the only thing I get right here is that it will be a three-way deal.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm not even a Knicks fan, and the thought of that makes me nauseous, which means it's totally plausable. If it did happen, if the Knicks got Webber and his 83-year-old knees and had to pay him a kajillion dollars, brutally murdering their cap for yet another decade, at what point does David Stern have to have someone take Isiah into a vacant home and just put an end to the absurdity?

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Everybody relax about the Knicks and Iverson. Isiah has already said he's not interested, and even if he were, Dolan has essentially forbidden him to take on any more huge contracts. KG is probably the only potentially available player who could get Dolan to take the reins off of Isiah. Iverson? No way. Webber? Please.

Draft saved Draft deleted