1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iverson is a (insert noun) ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Dec 13, 2006.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Good to see you've really never watched him play. Iverson is a highly talented scorer, who fights through screens and is one of the few in the league that can create his own shots. To say he misses 20 shots a night is high selective of the games you're going to point out. Hell, Kobe Bryant went 8-26 tonight. Everyone has off nights.

You can add to that strong defender. Chuck, you forgot the three times he led the league in steals.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

OUTING: Old Tony is Jay Marriotti.....

3. XXXX

XXXX Member

...a great basketball player and an underrated person.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2663839

look im the biggest ai fan in the world admittedly, ill be sad to see him go. he loves philly, philly loves him. the sixers are going no where and the worst gm in the league (billy king) should have seen this coming when he shopped him like a 2 dollar skank this summer.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You're right about the summer. King should have gotten this done then, but he let it hang on, and now we've got this.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No argument to my point, I see. I wish I had Marriotti's paycheck, but I wish to be nothing else like him.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Oh of course. He's a great defender. The other thing we have to mention is his toughness.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

God, that retort is rapidly becoming the SJ neocons' version of "Your mother!"

So every post that references yours has to either argue or agree with the whole thing? That's the rule now?

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You're right, all those games he played in college just a few miles away from my house, and all those eastern division games that apparently never get on TV here was someone else playing instead.

PASS.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Oh It's points you want. This isn't Around The Horn, but ok.

Iverson has never had the talent around him to win a title. Jordan needed a Pippen, and other periphiral players like Kerr, Paxson, Oakley, Wennington, Longley, Rodman and others who were perfectly comfortable deferring to Jordan. That they were able to step up when the time came, especially in the cases of Kerr and Paxson, is admirable.

Iverson hardly ever had that kind of support. When the Sixers went to the Finals in 2001, he was one of only two players to score over 50 points twice in the same series to get the past a strong Vince Carter led Raptors squad.

The Sixers starting lineup for game one against the Lakers was Iverson, Dikembe Mutumbo, Aaron McKie, Tyrone Hill and Jumaine Jones. Iverson scored 48 to lead the Sixers to an upset win in the opener.

Everyone sucked off Larry Brown.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Back to the original post, you're never justified in quitting on your team because you're unhappy. When did it become a talented player's right to demand to play for a winner. Suck it up and quit whining!

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

While it might not look like it considering the Charolotte situation, I don't think Iverson wants to neccesarily go to a contender per se. I think he just wants to get away from the clowns in Philly, and Billy King in particular. They haven't had a clue as to how to build a team with him, and he's tired of it.

12. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

.... a talented scorer.
    .... an awful defender.
    ..... difficult to coach
    ..... is hated by many current and former teammates.

Draft saved Draft deleted