1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've watched some bad movies tonight ... or ... Bubbler's catches up a year late

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Transformers was so fucking stupid I was rooting for the human race to be wiped out by those roided out, Michael Bay-version Decepticons.

Talk about CGI talking loud and saying nothing, the fights looked nonsensical, like Van Gogh's Stary Night if you tried to do it via Spirograph, it looked like digitized ink fighting with itself. Stuuupid. Even the human actors looked CGI'd up. Whoever lights Bay's movies (and others like him) needs to be shot, the sweat on whoever that chick was who was banging super teen hero boy looked so yellow I thought she was perspiring Mike's Hard Lemonade. I hate that fake-ass cartoon-style shit.

And what the fuck? The Decepticons can carpet-bomb the Hoover Dam and blow up major portions of L.A., but they can't stop wonder teen hero boy from running around with the box from Hellraiser? God I hate that stupid kind of shit in action movies. Reminded me of Elijiah Wood outrunning a tidal wave all the way to Appalachian Mountains in whatever tidal wave movie that was.

Then I watched some Vince Vaughn vs. John Travolta tripe on TBS. Kid in distress movie, what the fuck was I thinking?

Now I'm watching Nick Nolte reprise his 48 Hours character ... only ... it takes place in France and he's 90 years past his sell-by date. And some nubile Russian chick keeps wanting to bang him S&M style. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them, but someone desiring Nolte -- who looks like a late period Mickey Rourke gone horribly wrong -- does not compute.

I'm a God damn idiot for watching this shit.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

wf-freakin-w ;)

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Somehow, I knew that was going to be quoted.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I don't really even know (or care, to be quite honest) what the other two movies are, but I completely agree on the CrapGI of Transformers.

I, too, wanted the robots to win.

5. wizardofgore

wizardofgore New Member

the sweat on whoever that chick was who was banging super teen hero boy looked so yellow I thought she was perspiring Mike's Hard Lemonade.

that should have been on the poster! ;D

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bubs, I also caught the Transformers rerun last night. It was just as shitty as it was in the theater. And now there is talk about a sequel. Fuck Michael Bay.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

The Client was on TBS the other night. You should have watched that ... I hear it had some pretty good acting.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

False.

Cook > Renfro

SCOREBOARD!

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Damn straight.

10. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I, too, recently saw "Transformers" and was disappointed, particularly in the fight scenes. You really couldn't tell the good guys from the bad guys.
    Also, Jon Voight is one of those actors who could show up damn near anywhere, in any kind of silliness, isn't he?

11. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Everyone has that grimy layer of sweat in Michael Bay movies. Her name is Megan Fox and I don't care what she's sweating.

[​IMG]

And yes, the movie was made specifically for the 15-year-old boy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Works on a 40-plus year old boy too...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted