1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've lost my damn mind I am now giving up coffee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 19, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Any suggestions on how to give up drinking coffee?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Drink tea and take tylenol for about a week for the headaches.

3. da el g

da el g Member

start smoking

4. boots

boots New Member

I'm trying to stop smoking and losing weight as we speak. Now, I'm tackling coffee.

5. da el g

da el g Member

the dreaded 3 way boots, good luck, drinking large amounts of ice water whenever I craved a cigarette helped me quit 4 months ago, maybe try the same when you crave coffee

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Going for the golden ring, eh boots? Good luck. It's a tough challenge but the positives are incredible, if you can succeed.

My advice:
    * Drink tons of water
    * Find something like Gatorade or another fruit drink as a substitute
    * Find a sweet-tasting but healthy fruit of some kind. The taste is good, but if it's sullied with coffee, doesn't do much for your taste buds.

7. boots

boots New Member

I had someone tell me that it's easier to stop smoking crack than it is to stop smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee or losing weight. They might be right.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

What they're finding is that coffee's actually good for ya, bootsie.

Helps with depression, metabolism, blood sugar regulation, weight....

If you're drinking too much, slowly introduce some half-caf for awhile. You can scale it down and up as needed.

You can also try this trick I learned from my bro, a doctor. Drink a full, cold glass of water with your morning coffee. It makes the caffeine "buzz" last longer. That will help you drink less....

Enjoy!

9. boots

boots New Member

I haven't had a drink of coffee in four days. I actually feel calmer. If I can keep it up, my next task may be chocolate but that might be asking for too much too soon for my freaked out system to handle.

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Start slipping vodka into your coffee. Add a little more vodka and a little less coffee each week. By summer, you'll be completely free of the coffee habit.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Geez, boots. What are you giving up next?

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Knocking.

Draft saved Draft deleted