1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've heard of the Chicken Dance and chicken fights, but ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colonel Angus, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

'Chicken Dance' at Australian Nightclub Led to Violence

Blame it on the "chicken dance."

Violence erupted at a nightclub in Australia after a man started doing the "chicken dance" and bouncers kicked him and his friends out, the Herald Sun is reporting.

The man and his friends all needed medical attention after six bouncers allegedly dragged them into a corridor and assaulted them, according to the Herald Sun.

One of the bouncers was sentenced Tuesday to four-months in jail after pleading guilty to affray and assaulting one of the men involved in the incident.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,311731,00.html

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Chicken Dance almost caused me and one of my good friends to get into a fight once.

He insisted it should be called "The Duck Dance." I told him if the oompah band playing Oktoberfest called it "The Chicken Dance," then who is he to say they're wrong? He kept insisting it was "The Duck Dance." I kept mocking him for that stance.

3. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

Somebody told me it's actually called "The Duck Dance" in Germany, but this was after a major amount of malt beverage had already been consumed by both parties at an Oktoberfest, so who's to say which of us was right?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Weird. I always have known it as the Feathered Fowl Dance.

And I believe it is customary to assault practioners of said dance in dark alleys in Australia, in case you are into that sort of thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted