1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've had it with The Price Is Right

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Nov 17, 2014.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I used to watch it regularly and enjoyed it, but I can't take it anymore. They have made it an hour of jumping up and down, falling on the floor and celebrating, even when there's nothing to celebrate. I assume this is what the producers feel is important but to this formerly loyal virewer it takes away from a good game. I just can't watch it anymore.
    Does anyone agree or am I alone with these old-fashioned thoughts?

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So you're telling me the Price is Right used to be something more than people getting overly excited for an hour?

Also, I'm pretty sure the producers told you what they thought of the show when they hired Drew Carey to replace Bob Barker.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I can't watch the show anymore either. I find it more fun to try to find pictures online of Barker's naked beauties.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

To keep up with modern times, the models should twerk.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Noooooooo! They should work from brass poles.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Dian, Janice and her sister (briefly a TPIR model)...anyone else????

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Agreed, Casty. It used to be normal people competing for prizes. Now it's insufferable hipsters jumping up and down with a smirk, mugging for the camera.

(And yes, without Holly, Dian and Janice.)

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember dr it used to be a surprising thing when someone would wear a personalized shirt, and Bob would comment on it. Now, the whole audience has them, most of which say versions of "Pick Me!"

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It seems to me there's always some gimmick (Engaged Couples Day! Military personnel! Cheesy guest model appearance by CBS TV star/personality!) going on, that the regular games aren't enough anymore. And they've miked the models and (sometimes?) the contestants, so there's more hamming it up.

That said ... Amber Lancaster holds her own against any of Barker's Beauties:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Definitely a solid 6.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. I had no ideas we had this many college kids on the board. Kids with no late-morning classes.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I tried watching it last week after not watching since Drew took over.

Beyond horrible. I used to love this show as a kid, but it's unwatchable.

Draft saved Draft deleted