1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've Had Enough

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dan Rydell, Jun 6, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, I've had a couple of assholes for bosses.. the timing of our last management change turned out perfect for me.
    And in case I ever forget it, situations like yours remind just how lucky I am.

2. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

That's cool, Friend. I was just saying too..............

3. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I'd rather make $10,000 less than to have an asshole for a boss.

A great boss is hard to find anymore.

4. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I"m off to bed. More on this later.

Discuss at will. And thanks for the support.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Anyhoo, Mr. Rydell, there are plenty of fields where people who are good with words can latch on. Good luck.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

good luck dan. even though you might have made your post in haste, i understand why you're moving on. you have my respect.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have a great boss. It does make a world of difference.
    I love this business too much to up and walk away. I can definitely see where some would, though.
    Good luck to you.

8. Dan, I'm confused. Don't you get along with Dana and Isaac? Then again, Casey did make the list of the most 100 influential people in sports, and you didn't. Sorry about that.

Kidding aside, good luck in wherever the road leads.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I have a kick-ass boss. But I still think about a decision like Dan's more often than I'd like.

Sometimes you realize maybe you're not right for the field and it's not right for you. Not Dan's case...but mine.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wish my boss would hide in his office more.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I was in the same situation Dan, with 23 fewer years in the business. I'm with ya. Fuckabunchaassholebosses.

12. Why not get a new job? Go be a big fish at a little pond and train youngsters. Or look for a college adviser job. I understand what you're saying but it seems a bit dangerous just to up and leave ...

Draft saved Draft deleted