1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've got a bat ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beanpole, Jan 29, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I echo this. Call a pro in the morning.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Sounds scary. I'd need liquid courage.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

[​IMG]
    Como Estas you nasty liddle bat

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You don't want to piss those fuckers off. Wait for a professional, but I'm guessing they're breeding somewhere in your house.

We never had them in the house, but we had a bunch who decided to live during the warm months in between the shutters and the house of my sister and my windows growing up. We had no mosquitoes, but piles of guano under our shutters that my dad had to sweep up about once a week. We counted the last summer we had the shutters up and there were probably 150 of them between our two windows.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If watching a baseball game on TV is more fun with a heavy dose of liquid courage, it goes without saying that so is chasing vermin.

6. beanpole

beanpole Member

There are a couple of Web sites that describe how to sneak up on a roosting bat and catch it in a coffee can or a cardboard box. That's doable, I guess. I'll just have to suck it up and do it. <shudder>

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Please take pictures or keep a running journal and report back to us.

8. beanpole

beanpole Member

I opened the basement hatch a couple weeks ago while I was moving in a couch for my new basement rec room. Halfway through I got a phone call, so the hatch was open for a good 30 minutes unattended while it was getting dusk. I saw it for the first time a couple days later, flying around the basement, but the exterminator couldn't find it when he showed up. No more sightings until tonight.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Banish said bat to the belfry!

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Call Bruce Wayne.

12. joe

joe Active Member

Go for it, Cujo.

Draft saved Draft deleted