1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'VE BEEN STIMULATED! aka Anyone else still waiting to get stimulated?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Jun 28, 2008.

1. T2

T2 Member

Re: Anyone else still waiting to get stimulated?

How does the government know how many dependents you have? They look at your 2007 Form 1040. If you're late sending it in, they're late sending you a stimulus check. And to determine the amount of the check, they need several other numbers from that form as well.

The IRS has an online calculator to estimate how much you'll receive. It asks for your filing status, number of dependents, wages, social security benefits, total income, self-employment tax, adjusted gross income, child tax credits, tax after credits, and nontaxable combat pay election.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Don't know if this is accurate or not; I heard someone say the stimulus checks were mailed according to the last two digits of the person's Social Security Number. My last two digits begin with a 5 but I haven't seen mine yet.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Just received a letter Monday saying mine will be deposited by Saturday. For some reason, I'm not holding my breath...

4. Re: Anyone else still waiting to get stimulated?

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. i got mine way back in the beginning of May. helped pay my way in seattle.

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Mine's coming, but I'm spending virtually the whole thing on my wife's ER visit from three weeks ago.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ours went for a new hot water heater way back in May.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It's accurate.
    http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

8. Re: Anyone else still waiting to get stimulated?

Received ours yesterday. Basically spent it all in about 20 minutes on about 10 things.

Finally got the GPS I've been wanting since Christmas. Everything else went toward baby stuff, debt and a couple of other things.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Think I'm going to use mine to finally get an mp3 player. I've got some trips coming up, and I'd like to be able to play my music, so I'm finally going to cave.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

After being dumped a few months back, I'm still waiting. :(

;)

Kidding, I spent mine months ago.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Waited this long to replace the batteries?

(Could not be helped)

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I got my letter today, telling me I'd have $600 more by Friday. I think I'm going to buy a crap-load of pogs.

Draft saved Draft deleted