1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've been placed on waivers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Sep 18, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you've been given your outright release, but I'm glad you had something in the works.

First chance you get, stick it to those bastards!

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Good luck to you Baron. It sounds like you were mentally ready for it.

You'll make a great paralegal.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

only the best, baron. there's not a soul here who doesn't fear the same for him/herself. give whatever's next your best shot. and be happy, always.

4. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Sorry to hear about that Baron. Hopefully, everything works out for you in the future. Good luck.

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Sending good thoughts your way as well, Baron. Will the last person leaving this dying, once-proud profession please turn off the lights?

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

What do Baron Scicluna and 10,000 millworkers in Charlestown have in common?

Seriously, Baron, best of luck, and thanks for sharing your story and your plan with us. Be sure to let us know how it's going.......news about successful career transitions is always welcome here.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for your good wishes. I've been trying to keep positive about this. I know I'll have days when I'm sad that my journalism career is essentially done, barring a miracle. But I figure that I'm not alone in this setback. I've been very lucky in my professional life, and I just figure, to borrow a phrase from The Paper, it was my turn.

Just an SID is right in that you should implement your Plan B beforehand. Unfortunately, personal circumstances and an admitted bit of laziness stopped me before. It took a major issue at my job, prior to the layoff notice, to motivate me to sign up for the classes. Between the time I signed up and when classes start was when I found out that I was eventually getting the boot.

Draft saved Draft deleted