1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ivan Maisel's son missing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I want to throw up.

2. EddieM

EddieM Member

"Thought he would cry."

But yes, King has a way of undercutting the gravity of a moment.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I just think that Peter King is a wretched human being.

4. AD

AD Active Member

And I know that you are dead wrong.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Inappropriate use of "dead" at the moment.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Peter King's twitter account is kind of a fascinating thing to me, and not particularly because of what he tweets. The reactions to him are so angry and strange and chickenshit. It really brings out the worst in absolutely everyone.

I mean, I know what he meant by posting that tweet. You know what he meant by posting that tweet. It's a perfectly innocuous statement of how horrible this must be for the Maisel family, because he knows how terrifying it was to go through something that absolutely pales next to it.

Still, the second I saw that tweet I knew there was going to be an avalanche of hatred from people who are absolutely gleeful that he would give them something they could pretend was offensive.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Pretend was offensive" appears to be the key phrase there.

Not a PK fan myself, but c'mon ... People on this and every other board chime in with the same stuff all the time.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Well said. It's like there is an army of Twitter users ready to pounce on him.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yes. I am not a big fan either, but it's pretty rough around here too. He does enough to be criticized for ... we don't really need to seek out the little things.

10. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

He may be but that doesn't change the fact that any parent can understand and relate to how sick they would feel if they couldn't find their child.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you've never met him. Peter King is one of the nicest guys I've met in the business. He was way nicer to me when I was a nobody fledgling NFL writer than I could possibly have hoped and helped me immensely when I needed help.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Holy shit. I thought this had to be a joke, but he really tweeted that. Un-fucking-believable. I'm sure the Ivan Maisel family thinks Peter knows what they're going through.

Draft saved Draft deleted