1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iTV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, May 8, 2007.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Does anyone have it yet?

I just read that Netflix is offering movies you can watch through your computer. I predict that Blockbuster stores will be closing in five years. Cable companies might last a little longer, but surely these folks are going to find a way to sell you wireless cable. iTunes already offers lots of network programming. It won't be long before they sell it as packages. Heck, if I could buy a package that features the sports cable channels and the networks and cable news and a few of the cable networks, I think I'd be set.

After I finish my home buying in the fall, I have plans to buy a 42-inch screen and iTV. I'm hoping it will be worth the investment.

Also, how many plan to buy the new iPhone? I'm not sure they're introducing much that I can't do with a cell phone and a laptop, but it's a move toward another technological breakthrough.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I'm gonna get the second gen iPhone. I'm sure the first version will be clunky, buggy and expensive. Not to mention, revolutionary. But I'm gonna wait anyway, as I never buy v. 1.0 of anything. Except hookers.

iTV is okay. Where it will come in the most uniquely handy is with video podcasts. There are tons of them out there and tons more going up every day. iTV allows you to create a narrowcast network of shorts that you can play on your tv (in addition to other stuff). I'm not ready to make that leap yet.

I'm curious to see what v. 2.0 of that will be like.

Draft saved Draft deleted