1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iTunes video file conversion question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smash Williams, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I've bought a couple videos off of iTunes, and I want to be able to play them on something other than iTunes or QuickTime, which are both crap video players and completely choppy on my machine.

The files seem to come in an M4V format, which is only supposed to play on QT or iTunes. How can I convert them to mpeg, mp4, avi, flv or something, anything else where I can use a different player? And can I do that without downloading a program from a shady website?
  2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Mac or PC?

QuickTime Player is usually quite good; I'm surprised it's choppy on your machine.
  3. Smash Williams

And it worked fine until I upgraded to iTunes 8, which I only did because it told me I couldn't buy a particular video I wanted unless I upgraded.
  4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Do you have the latest iTunes 8 update? Apparently there have been some issues that (hopefully) have now been resolved.
  5. Smash Williams

I think so. I updated it last night with whatever is the most recent thing on Apple's website.
  6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Interesting... wish I had more help for you, but I don't know much about PCs.
Draft saved Draft deleted