1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iTunes question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Babyjay, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

How long does it take you, on average, to download a song? My computer is really slow; it doesn't seem right.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Haven't downloaded a ton in the last 5-6 months, but just did so about two weeks ago.

Took me about a minute, maybe 1:30 on cable modem.

How long does it take you?

3. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

A couple of minutes. It also hangs up a lot if I watch something on Hulu or YouTube. It's a new Macbook, so it shouldn't be slow. I think I must have a setting wrong or something.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I have a new MacBook and to transfer a song from a CD it takes anywhere from about 40 seconds to 1:10 depending on the length of the track. Haven't downloaded off the web yet.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i'm guessing it has more to do with your internet connection than the computer

6. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

For me, doing anything else while watching vids on Hulu slows my computer to a crawl. But I've got a PC desktop from the ancient days of 2005, and its an issue of how much RAM the thing has.

I've got a cable modem and it takes maybe a minute to download a song through ITunes. As far as download speeds go, I've never had any problems.

Of course, ITunes also eats copious amounts of RAM for me, so I tend not to have my Internet browser up while I'm working with it. Hulu/Youtube Video + Itunes makes my computer cough up a lung.

Draft saved Draft deleted