1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iTunes question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EE94, Apr 15, 2009.

1. EE94

EE94 Guest

My iTunes is buggered on my home computer

If I download iTunes to my laptop, can I access my library, or is it computer specific

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Computer specific I believe. So if you hook up your iPod to the laptop your library changes.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

There is software out there that will help you put the music on your iPod on a different computer.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

No, your library would still be there. The iPod shows up as a different drive/library. What you have to be careful of is having the auto-synchronize feature on, because if you're not paying attention, you can overwrite your iPod with what's on the computer.

Not that I've done that or anything. :/

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Watch out for when it asks you to synchronize your iPod because the wording is confusing. I remember when I ran into this same problem awhile back. It'll ask you to synchronize your iPod with your CURRENT iTunes library which should be empty if you're on a different computer. If you say yes, you're entire iPod will be erased and then you'll have to upload all your music over again.

The only way to get your music from your iPod onto iTunes is to download an iPod ripping program.

6. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

and if you're starting on an Apple, it's fine. You can go to a PC at will.

But the other way ain't too kosher. A guy at the Apple store told me that. It totally screwed up my 60G video.

He said Apple won't admit it, but it does happen. A lot. I didn't really know where he was going when he started asking me the questions.

I've downloaded music both at work and at home.

It seems like something they probably would have fixed over time, and with the newer generation iPods, but all I know is it screwed me about a year ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted