1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iTunes podcast problems

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I, and judging by some of the reviews on iTunes, many others, have been having issues downloading some podcasts on iTunes lately.
    I download them straight to my iPod Touch (older, first generation model) and haven't been able to get to some of them. The two I've found are Carolla's and Bill Simmons' podcast. There's usually a list of episodes but that isn't there.
    Anyone else encountered this? Heard any explanations for it?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I try to listen to ESPN's fantasy baseball podcast when driving. I don't download it, but just play it from my iPhone. This week I haven't been able to find any links to do that, or even download it.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Every once in a while, but usually if you "unsubscribe" to individual podcasts and then re-subscribe, it fixes the problem. Hope that helps ...

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I cleared all of the affected ones off the iPod (I rarely use iTunes on the home computer, just download them straight to the iPod via WiFi), but that didn't work. There's just no episodes available in the iTunes store. The logo for the podcast comes up, but there's no episdoes available.
    It's not just Simmons and Carolla. There's a handful of others in the Top 20 of difference categories that are doing the same thing (including all of the ESPN casts). Some are fine, though, so I don't think it's a technological issue with my older iPod. Looks like some sort of Apple/iTunes problem.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Make sure your iTunes, iPod and iPhone (whatever you're using) are all up to date with updates.

I was having a similar problem, updated everything and was good to go. Good luck.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I upgraded my iTunes to the most recent version and found that I can no longer download individual episodes of podcasts. I wonder if this is the same problem?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not sure. My iPod is an old model that isn't even suitable to upgrade to OS 4.0. I'm still running 3.2 or something like that.
    And, again, it's not every podcast. Doesn't even look like a majority of them. Just a few of the most popular ones (the ESPN and ACE network casts seem to be the most obvious).

Draft saved Draft deleted