1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iTunes help!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 26, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just tried downloading some new music, and it asked me to update my billing profile.

Did that, but it's saying the three-digit security code isn't accurate. Problem is, I'm typing it the same way it is on the back of my card.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I ran into that once, KY. Turns out I didn't enter my card number correctly (transposed two numbers). Double-check that, if you haven't.

BTW, what are you downloading? Just curious.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

It could be an ITunes glitch. The app has been acting funky today. I tried to download a song and kept getting an error message that said "Memory is full". I waited and just downloaded it a little while ago.

As for the code, I'd say try it again and double check the digits in your card and/or your exp. date

4. KYSportsWriter

I've quadruple checked the numbers, and they're all right. Even made sure there were no extra spaces or anything where you type the security code in.

I was going to download some Staind songs, but I'm open to suggestions Killick. :D

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Damn.

Hmmm. Got another card?

(Other suggestions? No, not really. I was just trying to think of something to download for the long road trip tomorrow. I'm leaning toward a podcast, though.)

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

well stop trying to use a stolen credit card

7. KYSportsWriter

dammit! no one was supposed to know!

but seriously, it's saying the code doesn't match my bank's information or whatever. i haven't made any purchases since april sometime, but i didn't think that'd be an issue.

8. KYSportsWriter

I'm downloading the newest version of iTunes.

Maybe that'll help, but I doubt it.

And for some reason, it's saying I owe $1.05 for a song I downloaded some six months ago. Tried authorizing a payment for that, but it's not even letting me do that.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Have you moved recently? If the billing and physical address zip codes don't match, you can't do much with a credit card ...

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

karma's a bitch.

11. KYSportsWriter

12. KYSportsWriter

Steak, I haven't moved, so that's not an issue.

Apple Support wasn't really helpful, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted