1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iTunes and Def Leppard

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Mar 3, 2008.

1. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Does Amazon.com work? Since they're starting up their music service, songs are often cheaper - and they come in mp3 format, as opposed to that crappy iTunes format that won't let you play it anywhere else.

2. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

iTunes must have recently taken them down for some reason. I bought "Hysteria" from iTunes last summer. They had most, if not all, of the Def Leppard catalog then.

Same thing happened with the White Stripes. They used to have "Get Behind Me Satan" but took it down. Why? I have no idea.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is why I support independent music stores. Mine still sells records.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I prefer to, um, not be a criminal when it comes to my music. I pay for it, and more than once if I need to upgrade from one format to another.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd gladly still get free shit online, except the last time I was downloading music for free my computer was hammered by viruses.

Plus, it's iTunes, and I support their endeavors and subscribe to their newsletters.

And lastly, would you like it if people just kept reading your shit for free? oh wait.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Amazon is actually really good. The selection isn't equal to iTunes but the price and quality are better.

7. sportschick

But does it have Def Lep? I still need those first two albums :D

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

They're not on Amazon either.

You can download the Zune software & check their store. I found they have some stuff iTunes is missing. (I don't have it anymore or I'd check for you.)

9. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Yeah, but Amazon has the Radiohead catalog...which isn't on iTunes.
    It's kind of odd how superstar bands handle iTunes. The Stones and Pink Floyd have been on there for a while, Led Zep got on there around Christmas, the Beatles will be on there soon (every time Apple holds a big press conference, the rumor is they'll make the Beatles announcement...and Paul McCartney says it's in the works) But AC/DC and Radiohead are still holdouts.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

An octopus that just escaped from a black-tipped reef shark.

11. sportschick

:D

Apparently the lovely OTR has forgotten that Def Lep has five members. They replaced Steve Clark with Vivian Campbell not long after Adrenalize was done.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

How long have you had a Union Jack muscle-T? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted