1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's time to move on

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Nov 7, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

TD,

I, like you, jumped without a parachute about two years ago. Best decision I've ever made. No regrets. You'll be amazed at how many jobs you'll be qualified for with your background. Look into communications/PR. Teaching is great, too. Lots of time off to write whenever and for whomever you feel like it.

Sure I miss the biz sometimes. But when I'm home on Friday at 5:30, get no calls on the weekends, able to afford name-brand cereal, those feelings go away.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I tried that before I moved the last time. And the news side was worse in some ways. Not only was I miserable but I was bored with what I was reading lol.

Andyouare? - Thanks. I'll be looking into a lot of stuff. Just can't wait to get a new start that's all.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dare to dream AYA. dare to dream.

4. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on
    And our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.
    Bill S., The Tempest

Congrats and best wishes, Tommy. You'll always have friends on the inside.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

After about 15 years, I left the business.
    It's been six weeks, and I can't believe it took me so long to get out.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

That's what I was hoping to see :D

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Still a journalist, but I'm in radio now and much happier than I was in newspapers. No regrets here. Good luck on your changes.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You've used the word "fuck" quite a bit today... you ok, buddy? Getting enough love at home or fiber in your diet?

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

give him a hug slapster. give him a damned hug.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Bumping up:

Last weekend here in Hellview. They had a going away cake for me today ... I wanted to shove it in one or two people's faces.

Also a co-worker overheard someone actually singing about how many days I have left. Fucker had the gall to come over and shake my hand on his way out the door for his weekend. I was not kind to him on the exit interview.

Two more days!

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Poindexter was about to shake his head at another leaving-the-board thread. Good head-fake, Tommy. :D

But seriously, best of luck at whatever you will do. No matter what you do, you should stop doing it when you don't enjoy it anymore.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Like when it starts to burn when you pee, stop banging that crack whore without a jimmy hat.

Draft saved Draft deleted