1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's the Final Countdown

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, May 19, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Last wedding I went to, a bunch of us all went out to the bar district after the reception, including the bride and groom. So a bunch of us get in a cab to high tail it back to the hotel, and the groom just starts screaming at his sister. I mean dude is PISSED. And so his brand new wife gets mad and starts screaming at him, and even starts beating him up. In her wedding dress. In this big minivan tax. Right in front of probably six other people.

It was kinda horrifying at the time. Now I laugh my butt off at it. They've apologized more than once for that since then.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

So, Headbutt, we shouldn't do that then?

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Just remember that the open bar is for your guests and not yourselves and you'll be fine. I think they did as many shots as I did.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Seriously, for getting "The Final Countdown" stuck in my head, I am THISCLOSE to ignoring MU. Not to mention being yet another cause of me thinking about marriage and whatnot WAY ahead of when I should be.

But instead, Mazel-atulations, MU.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Run like the wind!!!!!!

After you open all the wedding envelopes and cash checks of course.

Seriously, congrats.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

MU, good luck. Best decision I ever made.

Ninety minutes before I said "I do," I was posting on this site.

Also, be prepared for anything to go wrong on your wedding day. The day before mine the water in our town was contaminated, so I had to buy a case of bottled water and shower in that.
    The organist never played "Here comes the bride" he played the "wedding march." My dad and I stood at the back of the church for a few minutes before someone told us to go. It was pretty funny, since everyone knew what we were waiting for.

Good times.

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

June 2 is the day? Same here.

Congrats!

If you need support, feel free to PM. I, too, am sitting among boxes and boxes of "wedding crap."

I, too, have been signing cheques seemingly almost every day.

8. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

MU and SSM, congrats. I've been married now for five-plus years. Everyone has given some good advice so far, but the best advice I can give you both is to take 30 seconds or so to pause sometime during the day ... usually during the meal ... to just take a deep breath and drink it all in. The day goes by so freaking fast, you won't believe it.

Oh, and if your experience is anything like mine, you won't be able to stop tapping your wedding ring. Whether I have a bottle of beer in my hand, or my hand is hanging outside the window of my car, always....

9. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I'll be tying the knot in early July. By then, you'll be one-half of an old married couple, MU.

Hope everything goes as planned.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good luck, MU ... I'd offer some advice, but I have no experience with this.

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Good luck. I'm on deck with a Sept. 8 date. We got the chapel and reception hall reserved this week (which around these parts is no easy task). My biggest task is honeymoon shopping. Looking at cruises.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

stay sober. everything will be ok.

Draft saved Draft deleted