1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's that time of year: College coach carousel!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Pat Kennedy resigns at Towson, after seven — SEVEN! — losing seasons.

http://hawkshoops.blogs.starnewsonline.com/14134/kennedy-out-at-towson/

Jesus, I remember when he was the guy who was supposed to turn DePaul around. They nabbed him from Florida State, and he was supposed to THE SOLUTION. A decade later, he can't get a winning season outta Towson.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Did Kennedy end up winning even ONE conference game? Hard to believe Towson was behind Morgan State and Loyola just in the Baltimore area. That ain't exactly top talent.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Winless in the CAA - and I think his last 11 seasons as a head coach were losing seasons.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's hard to believe this is the same Pat Kennedy who shocked the Atlantic Coast Conference by having Florida State contend immediately upon its entrance into the league.

A long, hard fall for sure.

Also, must list Pat Knight in Lubbock on this thread.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Holy smokes, that's a lot of time. That's almost two full recruiting classes. Any idea on why he was retained for so long? For a program to be that bad for so long, you either need pretty horrible luck or extreme negligence.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Gotta be the name. His teams never won more than 15 games at Towson, never finished higher than seventh place in the CAA. That's a track record of FAIL.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Or, you know, failure.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I can't exactly remember if there was a honeymoon period, but after three seasons, fans are calling for the head of Keno Davis. But what I don't think fans ever, ever, ever realize is that there is no need to fire someone unless a better replacement is ready to take over the job.

And I'm not so certain there is.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Jim Les gone at Bradley. The hair gel and hairspray quotient just dropped 1,000 times in the MVC. He did what I thought was aerodynamically impossible ... he had a slick-back pompadour. Plus, he was an arrogant d-bag, so he won't be missed.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

PC fans don't realize that, well, Providence is Providence.

Towson's also trying to get things going on a new arena, and losing 19 straight didn't help matters.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

PC also is having discipline problems with its recruits, and guys committing and de-committing. I'm not sure if there is any one aspect of their program that's going great right now, and they're losing Marshon Brooks after this year.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I can't see that. After the napalm that was the Sampson era, he'll have a pretty long leash.

OK, two more years.

Draft saved Draft deleted