1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Still A Poll Tax, Part Trois.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 20, 2006.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

First off Old Tony never suggested that the whites should as you say "revert back to the days when the white folk kept those unruly negroes in their place". The fact you even suggest that shows that you have nothing left but name calling and trying to make someone appear to be a bigot. I feel bad for you that you can't back your argument up with facts and resort to this obvious child like behavior. Instead of a trying to prove that blacks outside of sports have a better life now economically then they did prior to the DNC adoption of their cause. It is truly ashame the biggest thing that can improve African-Americans lives is education accountability a platform supported by the GOP. Instead of supporting ideas that help people to support themselves the DNC supports government run programs dedicated to entrapment and entitlement.

2. Dog's not looking for a handout, just a hand.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

This conversation (or whatever the hell it is) started when you claimed blacks had been held down by the DNC. You then equated the plight of blacks to the problems prevelant in inner cities. You followed that up by saying the inner cities had much less crime and fewer problems in the 1960s.

Damn man, you could at least wait until the thread hits another page before you try to completely fabricate your own words.

4. indiansnetwork

And how exactly did he say that whites would be better off "revert(ing) back to the days when the white folk kept those unruly negroes in their place". I believe he was trying to say that since the DNC adopted their (African-Americans) cause their safety and economic prosperity have not grown with those of other minorities while they are increasingly living in more inner city situations.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

In direct response to this:

Someone posted this:

That's six references to "inner cities" to a post about blacks in America.

But it's dog who equated blacks with inner cities and is a racist. Fabulous. Just fabulous.

Man, that's about the lamest attempt to save face in the history of this board.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Now you've done it. You've confused tony with his own words.

I'm betting there's a way to spin this around and make it seem as though it's all a DNC problem. He's searching for it now.

7. indiansnetwork

Maybe I didn't see it because I never once did see him specifically mention blacks (African-Americans) in the same sentence as inner cities. Maybe you are the one who should be reconsidering your motives.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Did they teach reading for context at your seg academy?

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

What, exactly, about indiansnetwork's posts lead you to believe that he's ever once encountered teaching of any sort?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He's in decent shape where punctuation and grammar are concerned. I figured that made him lead dog in this mental Iditarod of the damned.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't need to save any face at all. Inner cities today are much worse off now than they were 46 years ago. That affects and hurts an awful lot of black people. I'd like to see the inner cities do better. The DNC and its lap-dog dog continue to pursue policies that have made the plight of the inner cities worse and worse.

I notice it's all a dodge anyway, because dog can't answer the question. And your attempt to get him out of doing his homework won't help him in the long run.

But I'll give you the same chance I gave dog, Joe. Please show me how inner cities are better now than they were in 1960. Crime, drugs, poverty, single-parent families with kids having no idea who the father is. Those are all products of the Great Society that made irresponsible behavior OK in the eyes of the government -- for all races.

The liberal line has always been that poverty causes crime. History shows that it's the crime that has caused poverty much more in the inner cities. No one wants to open a business in a crime-ridden area. No businesses means more poverty. We've done it your way for 46 years. It's gotten worse. And you guys wear that like a badge of honor.

12. You people are all batshit crazy.

Draft saved Draft deleted