1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Still A Poll Tax, Part Trois.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 20, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Gold,

Bush and Clinton's record on Cabinet diversity is roughly equal and both quite remarkable.

"Over eight years and 29 appointments, Clinton had in his Cabinet five women, seven African-Americans, three Hispanics (one of them named to two posts) and one Asian-American," Page wrote in USA Today on Dec. 10. "Over four years and 24 appointments, Bush has named to his Cabinet five women, four African-Americans, three Hispanics and two Asian-Americans."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22082-2004Dec23.html

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-12-09-diverse-usat_x.htm

2. OK, so let's have a plebiscite within the African American community and let's see Fredo bring his two percent approval rating out for a spin.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Maybe next time instead of looking at how he wrote something you can look at what he wrote. Instead of refuting his points with your own all you can do is cast disperesions on his writing style.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Folks, anyone who says attitudes and government policy towards immigration aren't based on race or ethnicity has no clue of the history of this continent in the last 100 years. (For those keeping score at home of my "anti-American" tendencies, note the word "continent".)

Right now there's the usual mouth-breathers up here going on about letting the "ragheads" in.

In the 70's the Vietnamese boat people were denounced by the loony right here because they weren' "legal".

Post World War 2 Italians were second class citizens even though they virtually built all our infrastructure.

Canada's shameful treatment of the Jews who were trying to escape Nazi Germany is brilliantly summed up in the book, "None is Too Many".

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Vietnam boat people were denounced? I don't remember either political party being against that. Be nice if you cited something to back that up ... oh, wait...it's only those of us on the right who are required to post a link every time we say the sun rises in the east.

6. That doesn't change the record, F_B. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

It's a good thing this is an anonymous message board, because I'd truly hate to know you typed such ridiculous shit and attached your real name to it. There are only two options here: Either you're just banging out shit off the top of your head because you refuse to admit you're wrong or you're an absolute moron.

How are blacks better off now than they were 46 years ago? Are you kidding me?

There have been many stupid things said on a variety of threads in which race entered the discussion. This may very well be the dumbest. Congratulations.

8. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Jessie Jackson and his kind have worked very hard at keeping the American Black down for year for their own profit and power. It is ashame that this kind of deception is going on inside the walls of freedom. I suggest you read the book From Rage to Responsibility by Rev Jesse Lee Peterson. Very insightfull book about how the average black person is duped into believing they have no choice but to rely on the government for all their needs. It also goes deep into the life of the man himself and how he slowly began to understand how he was lied to and how to make his life better.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

You're right. All the poverty-stricken people (you do realize that a shitload of whites receive government aid, right?) in this country would be much better off if we left them starving in the streets.

How foolish of me.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

C'mon dog. Tell me how much better inner cities are now than they were 46 years ago. If it's so obvious, it shouldn't be too hard. Are inner cities safer now? Are they affluent now? C'mon, dog. Apparently you've been taking a lot of walks through those inner cities because getting hit over the head a bunch of times is the only explanation for a lot of your posts.

How are the inner cities better now, dog? Is it better to have them teeming with unwed mothers and drug dealers. Is it better that children are being abused in record numbers by irresponsible parents.

C'mon, dog. How nice are the inner cities now? I'm waiting. What's the murder rate in the inner cities of America's metro areas compared to 1960? How about 1965? You've made the assertion. Back it up.

C'mon dog.

At least you have an appropriate name, because your logic reeks of dog shit.

I'll say this much: Being called stupid by the likes of you can only be taken as a compliment.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

For those who have a problem reading between the lines, old tony has just suggested we revert back to the days when the white folk kept those unruly negroes in their place.

Unbelievable.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's quite obvious that you're admitting you can't win without putting words in my mouth.

And I note your complete concession again.

I also note that I said "inner cities" and nothing about blacks. That assumption is all your's. But here's a hint for you, dog the racist. There are poor white people and poor black people and also poor people of other races in today's inner cities. Your racism is showing.

Draft saved Draft deleted