1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Still A Poll Tax, Part Trois.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 20, 2006.

1. No, I just post inane drivel like "Republicans hate black people." In this Republican's case, I guess this is only accurate if you, dog, are black.

And F_B can play with himself.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Or as my father used to say, "If he had brains, he'd eat them"

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

You use the words of Brent Musberger.

May I remind you that you brought up the repatriations issue - that's your race card. Sorry I'm not being politically correct.

Anybody who knows anything about politics knows Bush is pro-business - his administration might call it pro-growth, but it's pretty much the same thing. Tony, this board is a little more knowledgeable than right-wing talk radio and more diverse than National Review online. To say I said or have the idea that everybody who owns a business knows Bush is dishonest. From your posts, it appears you aren't capable of being honest and, to quote Jack Nicholson, you can't handle the truth.

You also know nothing about immigration. First of all, in the 90s, there were a lot of Irish immigrants without papers working construction. And there are a lot more than 12 Cubans - and those were your words - unlike you, I don't put words in people's mouths.

Even a cursory analysis of politics shows race-based decisions. When you look at the House of Representantives Judiciary Commitee that considered Clinton's impeachment. The Republicans were all white males and Mary Bono, the idiot widow of a Republican congress member. The Democrats were more varied.

Are all Republicans racist? Of course not, although if I was like Ann Coulter, I guess I could make a good case. Is the anti-immigrant fervor being stirred up to help right-wing politicos? Of course it is. Let's deal with this honestly, instead of being politically correct.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Ah, where to begin? Your problem with reading comprehension seems to have turned this thread somewhere it wasn't intented to go. I mentioned "reparations," as in F_B apparently believes that certain left-leaning minorities should be allowed to skip proving who they are so they can vote multiple times to make up for their great-great-great-great-great grandparents possibly having been slaves. You somehow read that as "repatriation" and turn it into a thread on immigration.

Your bad No. 1.

Then -- since you're talking about immigration when no one was -- you want to compare "a lot of Irish immigrants" -- what, maybe 73? -- with 11 million Mexicans sneaking over the border. First off, I can't figure out what point you're trying to make. Are you trying to say that I'm OK with illegal Irish immigrants because they're white? Wow, talk about putting words in someone's mouth! To help you out, I'm against any illegal immigration, no matter the race.

Your bad No. 2.

You also try to paint the GOP as anti-immigration. (That would be Your bad No. 3). Nope, we're just anti ILLEGAL immigration. There's a difference you should probably explore.

If you want to talk about race and representation, tell me why Bush's administration has had more blacks in higher positions (two black secretary of states!) than even your beloved Clinton did?

And while ignoring that, you simply go and play the race card. But you think you're softening that by admitting that not "all Republicans" are racist. So tell me, what percentage do you think are? 1? 99?

The one thing you're right about is "Let's deal with this honestly... " yet you show absolutely no capacity to do so.

But first, how about learning the difference between "reparations" and "repatriation."

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Reading tony's posts, I can't help but get the idea he's not very old.

Sorry, but the "your bad" and "NOT!" sort of gave it away.

Not to mention that if you ever had a shred of credibility it was wiped away when you banged out the words "to quote Brent Musberger ..."

6. old_tony

OK, just for you, dog.
    "Your bad" is now "just another fuck-up by you."

"Not" is now "just another of many, many fuck-ups by you."

However, if I'm going to quote Brent Musberger, it's still "to quote Brent Musberger." Apparently you don't have the same ethics as I do.

As for my age (it's been revealed already, but I can understand how your level of reading comprehension would have prevented you from absorbing it): I was born in 1960 (and have already had my birthday this year). Now I suppose to a genius like you, that means I'm 32, but reality is ... well, get out your calculator and figure it out for yourself.

Don't worry. Some day you'll be able to do it with just your fingers and no calculator.

p.s. way to argue the points and not the person. It's pretty much all you have.

p.s.s. Your fellow lefty screws up "reparations" for "repatriations" and I'm the one you want to call out? I guess we could file that under "Just another of many, many fuck-ups by you."

And if you're wondering, I have you pegged for somewhere around 14. Now go get your diaper changed.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I thought it was p.p.s., not p.s.s.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll be damned if old tony isn't determined to raise the level of puplic debate on this message board, and let that be his legacy.

9. old_tony

You night have me there. I'll defer to you on this one. ;)

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

First, I didn't "call out" anyone.

I merely noted the idiocy of you trying to belittle someone else while using "NOT!" and "your bad."

And as soon as you make a point that's not "I hate black people" or "Lefties are stupid," I'll be sure to check on for you.

By the way, you're assuming a 14-year-old needs a diaper change? Is that from personal experience?

11. old_tony

Well, if you want to call dealing with you on this board "personal experience," yes.

As for hating black people, that's the sole property of the left. You know it and I know it. The left pursues policies that keep minorities down and slaves to the government in return for their votes.

Tell me, how much better are things for blacks in the 46 years since they've become a wholly owned subsidiary of the DNC. Go ahead, I'll wait. Tell me how much better things are in the inner cities now than they were in, say, 1960. I'll be waiting here patiently ... and waiting and waiting and waiting. C'mon dog.

Yeah, you didn't "call out anyone." Instead, you admitted you had nothing to contribute so you tried to make fun of me instead for such innocuous things as the word "not" and the phrase "your bad." As I've said before, I'll from now on be more graphic and simply call you a fuck-up.

12. Gold

Gold Active Member

Tony... save the "we're just anti-illegal immigration" cliche. The reason this is being raised now is because Republicans need to win an election. Happened in California in 1994, and it's happening now.

My grandfather came from Italy in around 1916. In 1924, the immigration laws were changed to prevent people like him from coming over. I think that the US has benefitted from his 13 grandchildren, of whom I am one.

Immigration laws have always been based on race and ethnicity. Chinese were pretty much banned for a long time. Cubans have a preference from immigrants from Haiti. They both live in places where conditions are horrible and neither lives in a democratic society. Yeah, I know all about Castro, I'm older than you and I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis.

But the fact is, a Cuban getting here by any means gets in. A US citizen born in Mexico has to wait 12 years to get a brother and sister here. Don't tell me there's not race involved in making the law and policy.

One other thing, newbie. Don't tell me what I can and can't post. We have moderators for that. After you fetch me a root beer, maybe you should learn that the proper English "two black secretaries of state".

How many blacks did Clinton have in the cabinet compared to Bush? Maybe you should check that. Bush has one secretary of state who would give him an honest answer (Powell) and now has an overrated suckup whose only quality appears to be a blind loyalty.

Draft saved Draft deleted