1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's snowing in the South...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Hey now-- it was the North Carolinians who put the Charlotte Knights in Fort Mill, S.C., while the Panthers were tagged "Carolina" and placed in Charlotte.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I know both and no. No, he wouldn't... ;)

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I won't defend the placement of the Knights ... I would think someone in Charlotte could have found a place for an adequate baseball facility.

I will defend the idea of the Carolina Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes, though. It's regional marketing ... funny, the Panthers and Hurricanes are pretty healthy. To boot, the Panthers are a whole 10-15 miles from the South Carolina border ... if the idiots in South Carolina want to b_tch that the Panthers are a North Carolina team, that's their loss. No major professional owner is seeking to put anything in Columbia, Greenville/Spartanburg, Myrtle Beach or Charleston.

Sorry about that ... back on topic. How are those Charlotte Bobcats doing again, Mr. Johnson?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

How's that global warming thing going?

5. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Going fine. Ahead of schedule, in fact.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Assholio........liolio.....liolio.........

ASS HOLE...........everybody............ASS HOLE

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wooohooo! Snow!

About 2.5 inches here in Oxford. I hit ice on one bridge and swerved just a little bit. Nothing major.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Got an inch on the ground here and another inch on the way before noon, then it'll be gone this afternoon. Streets are a little slick in spots, but no biggie.

Draft saved Draft deleted