1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's snowing in the South...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Feb 1, 2007.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Not nearly as absurdly as the TV stations do, though that's in regards to coverage. Radio will have updates, but that's it (though I'm an XM guy so I don't always listen.) And newspapers have a story or three on it (which is a lot). But the newspapers push deadlines up an hour or so. Kinda goofy. But then again, when you're not used to driving in that weather, it can be dangerous.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

We have a light dusting here, which is to say it's flurrying and I can still see dirt through the snow.

:(

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Puss

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I hate to rain on your parade but that obviously could not be snow that far south. It's probably white-hot flakes of something because just ask all the idiots here and you'll find that there's no doubt that the earth is warming at an alarming rate -- despite record cold moving in to most of the country. They'll also tell you Clinton was an honest man.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Jesus, now Tony's spreading his ignorance about climate change to TWO threads.
    Gotta love it.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

JR, please feel free to tell me which historic period the earth stayed exactly the same temperature and didn't warm or cool. I'll be waiting, listening to the crickets.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Tony, the Globe & Mail devoted all of Saturday's front section on climate change. Go read about it.

If you want to stick your head up your ass and refuse to learn about it, that's your problem.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As a Southerner, I'd like to politely ask y'all to take this pissing match elsewhere so we'uns can discuss this strange frozen precipitation that is falling on us.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

It snowed here pretty heavily for about an hour last night before turning to sleet and then rain. No evidence of the white stuff when I woke up, which is kind of a shame because it was beautiful.

As someone who isn't covering anything over the next few days, and can walk to work, I was hoping for it to stick around for a while.

Oh, and what Inky said.

10. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Just ignore him JR. Ignore the trolls and they'll go away.

And Slappy/Dog, just got back from the grocery store: All eggs, milk and bread fully stocked. I guess the tv stations didn't do a good enough job of reporting the snow event.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It's 55 and sunny here. Supposed to get near 70 this weekeend. I think I might get the golf clubs out.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Back on topic.

Here, it's still misting rain. People here are b_tching about it ... needless to say, they've got nothing to complain about.

Back home, it's snowing, at least according to a photo on the hometown paper's website.

That's four or five times during my tenure at my current stop where we've had rain or nothing and they've been hit with more than a dusting of snow. And I'm not exactly from a polar area.

Draft saved Draft deleted