1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's snowing in the South...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Feb 1, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We have collective amnesia up here. When March rolls around, people say, "Thank God, spring is just a few weeks away"

And then on April 15 we get dumped on with 10 centimetres of the stuff. And every year we forget.

Ou sont les neiges d'antan?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There's a 60 percent chance of snow here today ... perfect time to work on a college baseball preview package. :)

It's been butt-nipple cold here lately, too. Actually feels like winter, which I'm OK with. I was concerned a few weeks ago when I was playing golf in shorts in mid-January.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Amen brother.

I'd take six inches of snow over 1 inch of freezing rain/sleet, which is what we normally get down here.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Centimetres? centimetres? What the fuck is a centimetres? We need inches, buddy, inches! /douchebag American who doesn't understand we're the fucked up nation who decided the world was wrong when it comes to metrics.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

10 cm = 6 inches. Give or take. You're welcome.

Only really big snow I've seen was in 1993. 19 inches in 24 hours. Haven't reached the piont where I need any more. My kids, on the other hand, were crestfallen when they did not get a snow day today.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Double J - Here's my reason for not taking all your snow away (above).
    My southern-snow-shoveling muscles have all shriveled up. Gone. Kaput. Hasta La Vista, Cest La View, shit.

We have lots of icey-rain. And a little bit o' snow. When will it go away? Tired of it all ready and it fell this morning.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I would like fuerte to head to the store and give us an update on the milk/bread stocking situation. Unless I miss my guess, there's not a jug or loaf to be found.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Beer and cigarettes are probably running low as well.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I would settle for the videotape of Fuerte driving TO the store in the snow...
    That there would be sum guuud fun...

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

What is this snow of which you speak?

There have been a few white particles falling out of the sky on two or three occasions this winter in the NYC area, but I don't remember what this "snow" actually is.

;D :D

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

It's really a hair under four. (2.54 cm to an inch.)

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I have a buddy in Huntsville. He's Canadian. He e-mailed me yesterday poking fun at the news coverage of this. He said it was hilarious watching the news reporters freezing outside reporting on the weather.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. He lived in Alabama when we were just out of high school. I went down to visit. It was snowing SLIGHTLY. His dad called and told him to "stay home and don't dare drive the car."

Draft saved Draft deleted