1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's snowing in the South...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Feb 1, 2007.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Wall to wall coverage on channels here in Huntsville. There's like 2-4 inches on the ground. It's also the fourth time I've ever seen it snow. This is great. I"m like a kid in the candy store!

carry on

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

They've already cancelled morning classes at the Univ. of South Carolina for fear that they won't be able to get all the sleet/snow/whatever off the ground in time.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I love when the southerners go apeshit over snow or ice or sleet.

Of course, since it's been 90 degrees most of the winter here in the tri-state area, a coating gets the TV dumbasses in high gear as well.

4. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Oh, I know it's funny. But still, like I said before. Fourth time to see it snow. It doesn't happen much.

EDIT: Funny aside, my dog, she's a 3-year-old lab/golden mix, this is the first time she has seen snow. She darted out the door, stopped in her tracks when she got out from the breezeway, and looked around, looked back at me, then went and played in it. She loved it.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This is sooooooooooo wrong. It's snowing in Huntsville, and it was 47 today here. The world is coming to an end!

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

For all you southerners so turned on by the novelty of that white shit otherwise known as "snow," you're more than welcome to come up here and truck it all away. Please, take it all. This is my 38th consecutive winter in one of the biggest snowbelts of one of the snowiest countries on the fucking planet and I hate, hate, hate the motherfucking stuff even more than sportschick hates Bill Belichick.

And did I mention that I'm not fond of snow? :-\

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey DoubleJ, why don't you fucking move if you hate it so much? :D :D :D

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah, as if. What options do I have, honestly? It's not like I'm a dual citizen, free to live anywhere in Canada or the United Sta....um...hold on a minute.....

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

One good snow a year and I'm cool.

Any more than that and I get sick of it. And get that freezing rain shit outta here!

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You could always move to the Centre of the Universe. Lots less snow here and I understand the Etobicoke Guardian is looking for a sports reporter for the ringette beat.

Oh, and quit whining. :)

11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

It has snowed so little here in Montreal this winter that my snow-shovelling muscles have plumb shriveled up.
    And here we are in February already. We've turned the corner.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dub, why do you hate North America?

Draft saved Draft deleted