1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's six below zero where I'm at ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

It's -8 F here in my little part of the Toronto 'burbs. I can handle the cold - and we've had little snow - compared to the rest of the province but the wind has been ridiculous for a week now.

South Florida fans leaving a toasty Rogers Centre after the International Bowl on Saturday afternoon were met with numbing cold and horrific winds off Lake Ontario. I was waiting at a light with a group of them when a woman asked a cop who was directing traffic why he chooses to live in a place with weather this bad. He said he wasn't really sure....

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I hope USF paid those fuckers to leave the Gulf Coast for Lake Ontario.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I just did.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Mimus sixF is minus 21C. That's what it was here over the weekend with the wind chill.

Not to sound like a grumpy old man or anything but what the fuck you doing walking out of an arena in that weather without any gloves?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This. Weather like that is very bearable if you bundle up enough. But skip one layer, and you will pay.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's all true. The cold is really the absence of Favre.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It was 18 here this morning and people are freaking out. Minus-6? Who lives in that by choice?

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Oh, and it was 44 yesterday in Tampa for the Falcons-Bucs, the second-coldest home game in Bucs history, according to the broadcast I listened to, which also hinted that the fans there all looked like Ralphie's kid brother.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

We put up a story over the weekend on our website about how goddamn cold it is, and of course, the first smartass commenter says "Hey, it's -40 in northern Minnesota. Man up."

Fuck you. If I wanted to live in northern Minnesota, I would. There's a reason I don't, and that reason can be found annually from December through March.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Pussy. ;)

(And it's more like October to April.)

In other news, it's snowing again.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

God a'mighty... can't wait for Twins baseball outdoors. It'll be like the Bataan Death March, but with icicles.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You can feel comfortable and toasty-warm in the middle of winter if you dress properly. You can't bitch about the weather in January if you're wearing September clothes.

I'll take minus temperatures any day over 100F weather.

Draft saved Draft deleted