1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's six below zero where I'm at ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Outing alert. I am ...

[​IMG]

I walked out of an arena today with a can of soda in my hand. I walked maybe 50 yards and by the time I got to my car, I could not feel my fingers. Frostbite was starting to take hold that quickly. I left a bottle of water in the car during the game and it was frozen solid.

Even my ass can't stay supple in this kind of cold. The supple molecules get into a sedentary state and instead of moving my ass in the supple way the Lord intended, it takes on a staccato sort of frozen suppleness. Don't get me wrong. My frozen ass is the Italian ice of frozen asses, but my cakes are best served warm, not frozen. :-X

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Dammit, that's sig-worthy, right there.

I ain't gonna use it, but someone definitely should. :D

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It was -27 where Zeke was. So sack up.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's about the same in Rosie Land, if not colder.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think she said it was minus-25 there. But she had the love of Favre to keep her warm!

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Rosie just used an ice pick to stab an already-frozen drifter and doesn't know why.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

He and Rosie are both Eskimos. They choose to live in the frozen wastelands they live in. They don't count.

But it is true, at least, that Rosie can cozy up to No. 4. He's a gamer!

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Not my regular hometown, but it was 70 and sunny where I was most of the day Sunday (Phoenix).

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I try to be an optimist in these days of global cooling (screw that, this is global colding).

So follow my optimism here. We are already two weeks past the solstice. That means the days are already about 25 minutes longer. That's 25 more minutes of the sun shining (or at least beating on top of the cloudbanks just fighting to make us warm). By next week we'll be to the 10th of the month, leaving just three weeks. So the month will be over before you know it. And February is the shortest month of the year, so hell, we're practically into March already. And March is the month with the first day of spring.

So we're pretty much just a few days away from spring. Think positive.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm expecting single digits by Thursday night and I'm going out of town. I have to figure out where the shutoff valve is to the house so I can drain the pipes before I go. The pipes in my house can handle 18. That's as cold as it's ever gotten since I moved in, and that's been almost six years ago.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It's 12 here in north Tennessee. I'm really dreading PT today.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Bless you for your optimism. We've still got a good bit of the snow that hit us TWO AND A HALF FUCKING WEEKS AGO. And I didn't know what howling winds were until the past few weeks. This is awful. I'm in Virginia - unlike you guys, I didn't sign up for this.

Draft saved Draft deleted