1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Shamrock Shake Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It was on the American Tragetdy thread, but figured this could get buried there.

Here's a site that people submit info on which McDonald's have the Shamrock Shake.

As a lot of people know, not all McDonald's carry the Shamrock Shake (except in Ireland, where it's carried year round).

http://www.shamrockshake.com/

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Re: It\'s Shamrock Shake Season

Wow. That sounds utterly revolting.

3. girl friday

girl friday Member

a website dedicated to a green "milk"shake sold at mcdonald's

what would we do if Al Gore hadn't invented the internet???

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Someone on there said they buy large quantities and freeze them for later. That is true love.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I used to buy Cadbury Cream Eggs in bulk and eat them throughout the year.

THAT'S the biggest test of this Weight Watchers thing...avoiding eating 3 Cream Eggs in a sitting. Sweet Jesus I love those things. Haven't had one yet.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Done that with Girl Scout cookies for years.

7. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Those commercials on the site were frightening. The return of "Uncle O'Grimacey." Wow.

8. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

HS, NICE thread!

Shamrock Shakes are the Shi@!!

Rok and I would guzzle those when we were kids walking around Wash PA.

Of course, I shouldn't even think about this as I need to keep dropping some BF% - lol.

Note: some food that was awesome as a kid tastes like cra@ when you become an adult and can tell the difference (i.e. Long John Silvers, etc. however, I STILL would eat LJS chicken strips!)

9. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Cadbury Eggs are also a prime delicacy I have fallen prey to many times.

One of my former exes (hot Jewish girl (well technically 1/2 Jewish 1/2 Irish but a practicing Jew)) termed our PILE of empty Cadbury wrappers by the bed our "eggyard"

However, now that I stay far away from sugar even the occasional Cadbury typically proves too sweet. I would suggest Dove eggs. They hit the spot with fairly high quality chocolaty goodness & less sugar.

JDV

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

McDonalds has no idea why sales of Shamrock Shakes just nosedived.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

See, now I don't even want to click on the link. I'm just going to order one and plead ignorance.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh it's got nothing to do with the link and everything to do with the, uhh, "blurbs." Yeah that's it.

Draft saved Draft deleted