1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's really hot, aka I hate my roommate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, May 31, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I moved into this house as the third of three roommates. So the utilities were $100 a month each. One moved out a couple months later, but the remaining one won't let me pay $150 to make up the difference. She says since I'm on the road, I shouldn't pay half. Which is fine.

Except on days like today. It's 91 degrees, and our a/c is not on because it costs too much. So I'm sitting here, with the one window in my room that opens open, pouring sweat. But I can't MAKE her turn it on if I'm not even paying half, you know?

I've had the convo with her and it ends somewhere near "I don't want to turn it on yet, it's only May..."

Anyone else sweltering?

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Tell us what you and your roommate are wearing.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm a little hot, but I'm like your roommate; I don't want to use the AC. So I opened my balcony door, and the other windows might follow suit soon. Of course, it's hot air outside, so the only thing that'll cool me off are the planes going over my house.

If I can avoid it, I don't use my air conditioning. A friend of mine will visit in a month, and she'll want the air on, but until then, it'll be off. I didn't use my heat for both the winters I spent in Pennsylvania. I took on a second job and made nice with my neighbors, which helped me get through the winter.

Best of luck.

5. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

F that. Turn the AC on. If the roommate tries to turn it off or says something about it, let her know you'll pay more whether she likes it or not. It doesn't matter if it's May or August or December. If you're hot, turn on the AC.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

It's 98 down here today.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Wow. Does that smiley face even cover a nipple?

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

80 here. A few passing clouds. Just back from a five-mile hike in the mountains, where it was a bit cooler -- and crowded. Might hit 85 tomorrow and as usual, the air is dry.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

WFMFW.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

A female friend visiting in a month? Anything you need to tell us, big guy?

11. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

this thread is SO hot

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted