1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's on! Survivor 19 thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Aug 31, 2009.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So, two episodes in and I'm root, root, rooting for Foa Foa to get swept. Apart from Jaison and Mick, there's not a likable person on that tribe.

The only thing I'm hoping for right now besides the sweep is the eventual realization by Foa Foa that Russell is a douche. And Ben? Jeez, what an ass. I hope he lasts to the merger. I'd love to see his explanation of the "ghetto trash" comment when he's fighting for his life and trying to survive the next vote.

Overall, strong episode tonight. I still haven't found a favorite contestant to root for yet but I've got a whole shit load I hope don't make it much longer.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know - it's kind of fun now seeing Russell play everybody - finding the idol without a clue was sweet - and it's funny seeing everyone react to him. Pretty smart to get in good with Ben, the guy everyone else dislikes. The guy knows how to play the game.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

She was, however, probably the most annoying person I've ever seen. She never shut her trap; just kept talking and talking and talking. I'm hoping she gets voted off next.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had given up on Survivor and Russell is the reason I'm watching this season. I'm not saying he's a likable guy, but he's making for good TV.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Ben is a douche but I did love when he took whatshername to task over her bad grammar. I am the grammar cop in the house so I was very appreciative of this line of criticism on a reality show.

I think calling someone "ghetto trash" is not a smart move, could be construed as racist.

6. Mizzougrad96

I don't think calling her ghetto trash was a smart move, but based on the way she acted when she got to their camp, it's difficult to have one bit of sympathy for her.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Foa Foa is going to make a run at worst tribe of all time. Don't think they can win, because the tribe with Stephanie didn't win one challenge, IIRC.

They look like they suck at everything.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If she would've started barking at me about tackling her, I would've turned around and walked away. I would've walked away during her opening soapbox rant when she arrived at tribe too.

That girl is insufferable.

Also, I love when guys go on Survivor and because a few votes go the way they planned it, they think they are an absolute mastermind. That's Russell right now. It's great TV because we all know that he will crash into a ball of flames eventually and that will be priceless.

And yes, Ben is an A+ douche.

9. Mizzougrad96

I doubt Foa Foa will be as bad as that tribe several seasons ago when Stephanie was the only person from one tribe to make the merger. That was insane. I doubt this will be that bad.

With the old guy getting sent home, I'm guessing they'll be throwing another player to Foa Foa next week. That was smart on their part not to cancel the Tribal Council this week. You don't want to kill momentum this early in what could be a good season.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Gee, the "throwing someone out of the challenge" thing wasn't too obvious of a setup, was it? ::)

You can just see the producers sitting around going, "OK, this is our 85th season -- what can we have happen that's never happened before?" Jeff's speech seemed rehearsed, and they've had many challenges just as rough in the past.

And I agree, mizzou, if they had not had a tribal council last night it would definitely have been a big anticlimax at a time when a lot of people are still deciding whether to watch the season.

11. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

I really enjoyed when Ben said the crazy loudmouth was almost a hooker.

If he could have played that whole thing better, telling her off and defending his tribe, he could have gained a lot of friends in his own group.

Instead he took it too far and will probably have people waiting to kick his ass after the reunion show ... and anytime he's out in public after that.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

He probably shouldn't visit Detroit anytime soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted