1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's on! Survivor 19 thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Aug 31, 2009.

1. partain

partain Member

Re: Preseason Survivor 19 thread...

The first Survivor episode i watched was the season finale of the first season. I've seen every episode since. But I was in Canada on a trip over the summer and one of the channels up there was rerunning the entire first season in one day. When I first stumbled onto it, they were about four episodes in and I thought it was a spoof of Survivor. Every thing involving Jeff Probst seemed very serious and dark. Seemed like the show was taking itself way too seriously at the time. I'd watched a good 10 minutes before I realized it was actually Survivor.

Just funny to see how the show has changed through the years.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That would be the Outdoor Life Network up here which also shows reruns of other Survivor series and old Amazing Races etc. I watched some fo that first Survivor, much different than today.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The Natalie chick from this upcoming season is every bit of all right. Of course, she'll probably be gone after the first episode.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Apparently, they are a lot easier on them than they used to be. You don't get the crazy weight losses that you did in the earlier seasons.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Well, when you have food rewards every other episode and the teams start off with water and don't have to do much to get matches and fishing gear, it's bound to happen.

6. EE94

EE94 Guest

So, based on pictures and bios alone, who goes first?

7. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

When do it start?

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Bizarre... same with me.

And, yeah, the ditched Fear Factor challenges about 7 years ago.

9. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Marisa is all kinds of hot.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I've watched every episode of this show, and, barring something unforeseen, will continue to watch it as long as they want to keep making it.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

My money's on the female cop. Mrs. T. once spent a few days in Campton, N.H., and that town is the fourth horse of the Apocalypse. Survivor should look pretty easy to her.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's strange, I've met several former Survivor contestants over the years, either at sporting events or on flights and I know I've told the story about sitting next to Big Tom for a cross-country flight where we talked Survivor for five hours straight.

Draft saved Draft deleted