1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

it's official: michael savage has lost it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Feb 21, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

I think he said the Jews won.
    Look, I am all for free speech, but there are times when hate and factual inaccuracies that get used to fuel that hate have no place on the public airwaves.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Once upon a time me and Ms. Matador were in the car on the way to the store and I had Savage on. He was going on and on about how nasty and ugly Uma Thurman is. How she's a stick figure, blah blah blah. Then he starts talking about how he thinks Dennis Kucinich is the victim of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and starts rattling of facial features.

Ms. Matador, "how do you listen to this guy?"
    Me, "You been paying attention the past five minutes?"
    Ms. "Yes, and he said this this this and that."
    Me, "How you think I started listening? He made my jaw drop once and I wanted to see how many more times he'd pull it off."

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Three teeth? I think you're overstating......

BTW, nice recollection BYM.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Tonight, he also talked about how the guy who was caught with the box cutter in his book was a Muslim and the media didn't put it in the story.
    Seriously, does it really matter if the guy was a Muslim or not? Why do we need to know?

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

This guy lost it a long time ago, if he ever had it.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I was unaware until a minute ago that his son created the Rockstar energy drink. Makes me wish I drank that crap so I could stop.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

8. FWIW, he got the annual "Freedom Of Speech" award at the annual talk-show hosts convention last year. It was for his "courage" in saying stuff like this.
    Highest honor they have.
    That industry needs an enema.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I listen to him on the way from games at night. His show is hilarious in a totally unintentional way. He is a raving lunatic. Very entertaining.

I'm waiting for him to I'm mad as hell I can't take it any more, and then..a gunshot.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I listened to him once. I thought that it was a parody.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Given that that was the 9/11 MO, I have no problem with that.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I listen at times. He has an entertaining mix of depression, racism and know-it-all-ness.

Draft saved Draft deleted