1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Official: Leno out, Fallon in

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Apr 3, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The authors I've never heard of before are some of TDS's best guests, bringing new ideas and topics that generally would be only be heard on weekend C-Span forums. And Stewart does a great job of making their material relatable to a general audience.
    Thought Fallon was terrible when he started Late Night, but it was his eagerness to please then, and now, that will probably see him through. The Roots better be sticking around, that's all I can say.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The weird thing is Colbert and Stewart get the guests the old Dick Cavett show used to like to have, with a style that's about the exact opposite of his.

3. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

So, the next big question is who gets 11:35 at CBS when Dave's done? I don't think it'll be Craigy Ferg.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I think Leno and Letterman were both writers for Walker when Walker was at his Apex, probably the reason that Letterman used to have Walker on as a guest all the time when he had nothing to poromote except an appearance at a club in Bumfuck, Nowhere.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

Maybe Fox could put Leno on at 10 pm....

Oh, wait.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm getting the sense that Jay will go away quietly this time.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

[​IMG]

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bubba became president because of that moment, so Arsenio wins in that respect.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/18/entertainment/la-et-st-arsenio-hall-will-host-new-latenight-talk-show-in-2013-20120618

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I never watch these shows.

Do any of them showcase stand up comics on a regular basis?

11. Mizzougrad96

This is from the talkback from one of the articles on this...

"Arsenio's new talk show will be kicked off with EJ3's big AIDS announcement."

12. Mizzougrad96

Apparently, Chelsea's show does. I've never seen it, though... The others really don't do it very often. If someone performs comedy, it's usually a pretty prominent comedian who is plugging a special.

Draft saved Draft deleted