1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's official. I'm a crazy cat lady.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Oct 12, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Somehow, a cat got into the newsroom tonight, and I, being a massive softy when it comes to felines, brought it home. This lovely (well, other than the fact she's filthy and underfed) cat now sits in my soon-to-be-former roommate's bedroom (hey, he's not using it anymore) waiting on a vet to tell me she's healthy enough for Stan to have a harem instead of just one girlfriend.

I am, however, stuck on a name. I generally name my cats after Tennessee Williams characters, but none of the names are working with this little girl. So here's a really crappy cell phone photo of the wiggly creature. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Name her Belle, after Belle Reve.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You must have already had a cat with this name then, but since she's dirty and somewhat broken down, wouldn't Blanche fit?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Who's Tennessee Williams? :D

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I name all of my pets after Detroit Lions. Maybe you should do the same and call him Calvin or something.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you've got a crappy cell phone picture of a wiggly little creature, you need to name it Salisbury.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We tried Blanche at work, and it didn't fit her very well. That was actually my first thought.

And Mustang, if I was going to name it after football players, they'd be football players from a good team, like the Colts [/fangirl]

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Never name your pets after sports figures, unless you really like the name. The cat will probably outlive their career.

Rick
    (still bitter about having to call his stupid cat "Prior" for the next decade)

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My friend named his cat Roy Williams, then had to change it once he was traded to the Cowboys.

My friend tells me his cat was confused as hell for a few months but now answers to Ernie.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You found her in the newsroom. Just call her Lois (in honor of Lois Lane) or Brenda (in honor of Brenda Starr) or the female reporter (real or fictional) of your choice.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Found in a newsroom?

Slug.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If I ever had a cat (we are a dog house), there is only one name I would consider, and it might fit your cat.

[​IMG]
    Hobbs.

Draft saved Draft deleted